AT A GLANCE
When? Monday 7th May, 15:30 (UK)
Where? Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium
Weather? Scorching temperatures of 36-39c expected
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://in.bookmyshow.com/sports/cricket/t20-premier-league
All-time meetings: Sunrisers Hyderabad W6 Royal Challengers Bangalore W4 No Result 1
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Tom Moody
Captain: Kane Williamson
- Sunrisers Hyderabad returned to the top of the IPL table with a victory over the bottom four bound Delhi Daredevils as Delhi scored 163/5 but that was not enough against the class of the Sunrisers as Hyderabad claimed a seven wicket win with a ball to spare.
- The calls to bring Alex Hales into the Sunrisers line-up were growing louder and he has not disappointed with the English international adding a new dimension to the batting order, scoring 90 runs in his two matches since being brought into the side.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad will be content with their starting line-up at present and it would be a surprise to see any major changes unless they decide to make one or two rotations.
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE
Coach: Daniel Vettori
Captain: Virat Kohli
- Royal Challengers Bangalore were thrashed by a far superior Chennai outfit In what should have been a much closer match. Bangalore capitulated and struggled their way to 127/9 which was nowhere near enough for Chennai who chased the mediocre total four wickets down with two overs to spare.
- It was a surprise to see RCB’s famed batting order fall with such ease but the bigger surprise was in the manner they fell. After being 47/1, the RCB batting order then lost their next five wickets to the spin of Jadeja and Harbhajan Singh as theyplayed some incredibly reckless shots throughout their innings, giving themselves no hope of reaching a defendable total.
- Bangalore will be looking to make a change or two, but with all of their big stars falling to contribute which led to their demise it will be interesting to see which team they put out on the park. Quinton de Kock could return after missing the last match to return home briefly.
Royal Challengers Bangalore were deplorable against Chennai and will be desperate to bounce back against the Sunrisers Hyderabad who have now won four in a row. The big three of McCullum, Kohli and De Villiers combined for just 14 runs and will be looking for a response from the experienced trio. Sunrisers Hyderabad arguably have the most balanced team in the league with the addition of Alex Hales complementing the stroke play of the likes of Kane Williamson perfectly and their bowling unit is simply elite. You can never know what to expect from RCB and their inconsistency and over-reliance on three players makes it tough to make a case for them against the elite and equally balanced Sunrisers side.