AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 8th May, 15:30 (UK)
Where? Sawai Mansingh Stadium
Weather? 30-34c temperatures with possible showers
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://in.bookmyshow.com/sports/cricket/t20-premier-league
All-time meetings: Rajasthan Royals W9 Kings XI W7
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Paddy Upton
Captain: Ajinkya Rahane
- A quirk in the fixture means these two teams face off for the second time in three days with the Kings XI reigning supreme last time as Rajasthan could only post 152 which was never enough against the talented Kings XI who chased the total down with relative ease.
- Jos Buttler has found some form for Rajasthan as he has hit 118 runs from his past two matches, leapfrogging him to second in the overall runs scored for Rajasthan. If Rajasthan are to have any impact in the rest of the tournament, Buttler will need to continue this rich vein of form opening the batting.
- Rajasthan have a severe lack of depth so it is hard to see what changes will be made for the Royals’ starting line-up and it is more a case of their batsmen raising their game and supporting Buttler.
KINGS XI PUNJAB
Coach: Brad Hodge
Captain: Ravichandran Ashwinul
- The Kings XI have now put themselves in the top four with a game in hand over the fourth placed KKR so they will be keen to get another win and maintain that position to stay ahead of the chasing pack.
- Chris Gayle failed for the first time this season, so it was his partner in crime who stole the show this time as KL Rahul scored a swashbuckling 84 from 54 balls and is now 4th overall for runs scored in the tournament with 376 runs from nine matches.
- Hard to see any major changes for the Kings XI barring any injures or worries over the short turnaround which does not suit veterans like Gayle so there is an outside chance that he is held out here.
These two teams come up against each other for the second time in just three days. The Kings XI banked themselves another win over the lowly Rajasthan who find themselves now anchored at the bottom of the IPL ladder with little hope now. Rajasthan have issues all over the park as their bowlers have struggled for consistency and their batsmen have barely fired. It seems as though they will need a huge swing in form to topple the Kings XI and try and salvage the season but their current form makes this seem unlikely.