IPL 2018 – Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Daredevils Preview
13th Apr 2018 by Stefan Delhaize
AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 14th April, 11:30 (UK)
Where? Wankhede Stadium
Weather? Temps of 28-30c expected with clear skies and 60% humidity
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://in.bookmyshow.com/sports/cricket/t20-premier-league
All-time meetings: Mumbai Indians W11, Delhi Daredevils W9
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Mahela Jayawardene
Captain: Rohit Sharma
- Mumbai will be shattered after losing their match to Sunrisers Hyderabad on the last ball of the innings as after having them nine wickets down, Billy Stanlake was the unlikely hero scoring off the last ball of the innings to break the hearts of Mumbai fans.
- Mumbai will be ruing an inconsistent batting performance which saw them to a sub-par total of 147 with Evan Lewis, Suryakumar Yadav and Keiron Pollard all scoring over 20 but the team really need someone to take control of the innings to post a match winning total. JP Duminy could come in to the side to assist the failing middle order.
- There are also slight concerns over the bowling line-up. As predicted, Ben Cutting came in for his first match replacing Kiwi Mitch McClenaghan but Cutting was poor with both bat and ball. The all-rounder leaked 40 runs from his four overs and made just nine with the willow though he should be handed another chance.
Coach: Ricky Ponting
Captain: Gautam Gambhir
- Delhi can count themselves unlucky after losing to Rajasthan in what turned out to be a rain affected match. Although Delhi reached 60 from just six overs, the loss of four wickets saw them behind in the Duckworth-Lewis method.
- Although Delhi were able to restrict the home team to 153 from the 17.5 overs, they were only able to capture the five wickets for the innings so they have now taken just nine wickets from their first two matches and Ricky Ponting will be worried if this trend continues.
- It was a manic innings from Delhi as they tried desperately to reach the Duckworth-Lewis target. All batsmen got small starts but they could not really push on sufficiently although it is highly likely they will go unchanged so they can benefit from a full twenty over match.
Both teams will be desperate for a win with both starting the season with two losses. Delhi have the upper hand with a deeper batting line-up and may worry the Mumbai bowlers who have been expensive at times in their first two matches with only youngster Markande really impressing. Despite being only two matches in, the Mumbai batsmen are struggling and that is one area they simply have to improve as the batting firepower of Delhi should see Ricky Ponting’s men pick up their first win of the season.
Scribble your email address here and click subscribe to receive our newsletter on all things sport, data and analysis!