IPL 2018 – Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Preview
13th Apr 2018 by Stefan Delhaize
AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 14th April, 15:30 (UK)
Where? Eden Gardens
Weather? Expected temperatures of 30-34 degrees partly cloudy and a 20% chance of rain
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://in.bookmyshow.com/sports/cricket/t20-premier-league
All-time meetings: Kolkata Knight Riders W8, Sunrisers Hyderabad W4
THE TEAM NEWS
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
Coach: Jacques Kallis
Captain: Dinesh Karthik
- Kolkata seemed to be in a great position after setting Chennai a total of 202/6 to chase down but in the end it was not enough as CSK chased down the total with one ball to spare with a very strong and solid batting performance.
- It was a very tough night for bowlers with three of KKR’s bowlers going for over 12 runs per over as Vinay Kumar was entrusted with the final over and was subsequently hit for a whopping 18 runs off just five balls.
- Andre Russell was nearly the hero for KKR, blasting a massive 88 from just 36 balls as this astonishing knock saw him clear the rope eleven times as those maximums contributed to 75% of his runs, so they will be looking for more of the same from him.
Coach: Tom Moody
Captain: Kane Williamson
- Sunrisers Hyderabad got out of jail claiming a one-wicket win off the last ball of the innings against Mumbai on Thursday as Billy Stanlake held his nerve to ensure Hyderabad claimed full points for the victory.
- It was an uncharacteristic batting performance from Hyderabad with the lower order collapsing losing three wickets for zero runs although Shikhar Dhawan continues to impress following up his 78 not out in match one with another 45 against Mumbai.
- Alex Hales is still on the sidelines for Hyderabad and may look to take the opening position with Dhawan from Wriddhiman Saha. Saha scored 22 runs from 20 balls last match following on from an uninspiring five from five in match one. Although seeing as Hyderabad have won both matches however, Tom Moody may back the Indian international but if he does not fire this round, his position will be in jeopardy.
This match looks to set to be another high scoring one as KKR have genuine firepower in their batting line-up however their bowling unit has now conceded 381 runs in just two matches. In order to expose the weaker lower order of Sunrisers Hyderabad, they will need to put in much better bowling performances than the first two rounds and start taking some wickets. Hyderabad will be pleased with their bowling unit having bowled extremely well in their first two matches. In favour of KKR, they have shown some dominance over Sunrisers Hyderabad winning eight matches from twelve meetings. There was also a slight hiccup in the batting order last match but for now we will put that down as an aberration and expect this impressive team to take victory again and make it three in a row.
Scribble your email address here and click subscribe to receive our newsletter on all things sport, data and analysis!