AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 15th May, 15:30 (UK)
Where? Eden Gardens
Weather? 30-34c max with a risk of scattered thunderstorms
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Are tickets still available? https://in.bookmyshow.com/sports/cricket/t20-premier-league
All-time meetings: Kolkata Knight Riders W7 Rajasthan Royals W9
THE TEAM NEWS
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
Coach: Jacques Kallis
Captain: Dinesh Karthik
- Kolkata are coming off an incredible victory over the Kings XI where their batsmen produced the highest score of the IPL after setting a mammoth total of 245. To the credit of the Kings XI, they made a game of it but the task was too large as KKR secured a crucial win.
- Sunil Narine has proven his worth as a genuine all-rounder. Narine sits atop the wickets taken list for KKR and 6th overall with 14 but it is his explosive batting that has added some real x-factor to the KKR line-up. Opening the batting against the Kings XI, Narine scored a blistering 75 from 36 balls as KKR set up the largest total in the IPL. This was Narine’s second half century and he has now scored a solid 277 runs for the tournament.
- Hard to see many changes after a crucial victory from a team which saw Javon Searles playing his first match in place of Tom Curran and he could be given another chance due to the lack of form that Curran and Johnson have shown across the tournament.
Coach: Paddy Upton
Captain: Ajinkya Rahane
- Jos Buttler once again scored a thrilling ninety and powered Rajasthan in what was a crucial victory for the franchise over the Mumbai Indians. This win, along with other results falling their way has seen the Royals sneak into the top four, largely thanks to Buttler’s insane form of five half centuries in a row.
- Jofra Archer loves playing against Mumbai; the West Indian speedster took 2/16 from his four over in a fabulous display and these figures backed up his performance of 3/22 when the two teams met earlier in the tournament.
- Ish Sodhi could come back into the eleven after being omitted, whilst D’Arcy Short and Ben Stokes continue to struggle although Stokes did at least show an improvement with the ball last time out.
This tournament just gets closer and closer as both of these teams sit in the logjam of teams on six wins and the winner of this match will get some much-needed breathing space as the rest of the competition battle it out for the final two play-off positions. Both teams have been largely inconsistent throughout the year however Rajasthan have turned their form on the back of some magnificent performances by Buttler and Archer to have won their past three matches whilst Kolkata have struggled to string wins together. This match should be a fantastic spectacle with huge ramifications for both sides. Both teams will be as desperate as each other making this one too close to call. It should be an entertaining match-up in what could be a rain affected match.