When? Tuesday, 30th January
Where? Hagley Oval, Christchurch
Weather? Sunny weather and temperatures of 24-26c expected in Christchurch
What channel is it on? Sky Sports Cricket
Are tickets still available? https://www.nzc.nz/schedules/fixtures/international/all-teams/icc-under19-cricket-world-cup-2018
Where can I stream the match? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via the Sky Go app
- This Indian under-19 side face their Pakistani rivals as they compete to see who will meet Australia in the final and they remain the only team left in the competition with a 100% win ratio.
- Several players were bought in the IPL auction and that has served as a big motivational factor for the players so far and they will be hopeful that will continue to be the case rather than a distraction after many of them have been signed up to life changing contracts.
- India are unquestionably the strongest team on paper with a talented batting line-up led by skipper PP Shaw and the in-form Shubman Gill, while bowlers Nagarkoti and Mavi have both shone and earned IPL contracts thanks to their impressive bowling.
- Pakistan come into this game as underdogs but they will have major motivation against their arch rivals, and since losing their opening match to Afghanistan they have improved with every game they have played.
- 17-year-old prodigy Shaheen Afridi is arguably their key man as a game-changing allrounder who is a fearsome bowler at 6 foot 6 inches hitting 90 mph regularly, while his big-hitting ability has also been a key factor for them as they will rely heavily on him.
- They will desperately need their batsmen to step up in this game however against one of the best bowling attacks in the competition and that has largely been their weakness so far and they will need Ali Zaryab Asif and Rohaikl Nazir to carry them once again.
India are considered big favourites for this game but there is no doubt Pakistan will raise their game and be highly motivated to upset their arch rivals. This match could very well come down to which batting line-up can deal best with their opponents’ bowling attack with both sides having great bowling options. That leans the tie in India’s favour as their batting line-up is the stronger of the two so barring some inspired bowling by the likes of Afridi and co, India’s talented batsmen should lead them to victory and a final place.