When is India vs Australia taking place? Wednesday 13th March, 08:00
Where is India vs Australia taking place? Delhi
What is the expected weather for India vs Australia? 24-26c with cloud coverage throughout but no chance of rain
What channel is India vs Australia on? India vs Australia will not be shown live in the UK
Where can I stream India vs Australia? N/A
Where can I get tickets for India vs Australia? https://insider.in/paytm-odi-s...
Australia beat India by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Virat Kohli
- India were punished for sloppy fielding as they allowed Australia to chase down a huge total and send the five-match series into a decider as the tourists levelled the scores after a four-wicket win in game four.
- Virat Kohli finally received support from his teammates with the opening partnership of Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan putting on 193 runs for the first wicket but the India captain fell for just seven runs as his side made 358.
- Despite restricting Australia to 12/2, the Indians allowed their opponents off the hook with the bowling unit taking a hammering, particularly from Ashton Turner who finished the game with aplomb and that could spell changes to the attack in the final game with Mohammed Shami likely to come back into the side if he can prove his fitness.
Captain: Aaron Finch
- Australia chased down their biggest ever total which was also the fifth largest target in ODI history to level this amazing series and give themselves a chance of an unlikely series win heading into the final match.
- After allowing India to post 358 despite a five-wicket haul for Pat Cummins, the Australians got off to the worst possible start when Aaron Finch fell for a duck and he was soon followed by Shaun Marsh for just six but Usman Khawaja and Peter Handscomb started the fightback.
- The pair put on a sensational third-wicket stand of 192 before Ashton Turner, in just his second ODI international, finished the job with a fantastic 84 off just 43 balls after he had replaced Marcus Stoinis in the side and he will keep his place for the deciding match.
India and Australia have served up a thrilling ODI series that nobody wants to see come to an end but if the fifth and final game lives up to expectations then it should be a thrilling finale. Australia broke all kinds of records to chase down India’s huge total and have the momentum heading into the series decider. They have shown that they can be real contenders at the World Cup after a strong showing this series and will want to complete the job to seal an impressive victory on Indian soil. It will be a tough ask to win three matches in a row but they can do just that to bring this astonishing series to a close.