When is India vs Australia taking place? Friday 8th March, 08:00
Where is India vs Australia taking place? Ranchi
What is the expected weather for India vs Australia? 26-27c with bright sunshine throughout although it shouldn’t be as humid as previous games
What channel is India vs Australia on? India vs Australia will not be shown live in the UK
Where can I stream India vs Australia? N/A
Where can I get tickets for India vs Australia? https://insider.in/paytm-odi-series-3rd-odi-india-v-australia-ranchi-8-march-2019/event
India beat Australia by 8 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Virat Kohli
- India just did enough to extend their lead in the ODI series against Australia as they managed to defend 250 in the second match despite the tourists pushing them all the way in an eight-run victory.
- Virat Kohli produced a captain’s knock with a superb 116 from 120 balls as he helped guide his side to a defendable total following opener Rohit Sharma falling for a duck whilst Vijay Shankar was the only one to provide any sort of support for Kohli with 46 runs before his unfortunate run out.
- Shankar was also a key cog during his side’s efforts with the ball as he managed to secure the win for his side in the final over with the medium-pacer taking the final two wickets with his side only ahead by 10 runs at the time.
Captain: Aaron Finch
- Australia will feel they could be 2-0 up in this ODI series but instead head into game three on the other end of that score-line after another narrow defeat with the tourists falling short in their run chase despite looking comfortable with 15 overs remaining.
- Captain Aaron Finch has received a lot of media attention surrounding his poor form recently and despite scoring more than 15 runs for the first time in his six matches with a knock of 37, his place in the side ahead of the World Cup remains in doubt.
- The introduction of Shaun Marsh to the side wasn’t enough to aid the Australians in their quest to get off the mark in the series but they look like they have a well-balanced side at the minute and could name an unchanged team for the third match.
India again managed to snatch the win in the second ODI series match with Australia but know they still need to improve to keep their winning momentum going to claim an unassailable lead after this third match in Ranchi. The Australians could legitimately have won both games so far and will perhaps deem themselves unlucky to have lost both encounters. That may prompt a response from India with their batsmen needing to provide more support for Virat Kohli or else the tourists will notch their first win of the series.