When is India vs Australia taking place? Wednesday 27th February, 13:30
Where is India vs Australia taking place? Bengaluru
What is the expected weather for India vs Australia? 28-30c with some cloud in the skies in humid conditions
What channel is India vs Australia on? India vs Australia will not be shown live in the UK
Where can I stream India vs Australia? N/A
Where can I get tickets for India vs Australia? http://www.bcci.tv/tickets
Australia beat India by 3 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Virat Kohli
- India were punished for their low total in the first T20 international against Australia and now face a battle to ensure they do not lose a T20 series on home soil for the first time since 2015.
- Despite their lowly total of just 126, India should still have won the game having left Australia needing 14 off the last over but the tourists were able to find the runs they needed to claim an unlikely win.
- With Hardik Pandya ruled out of both T20 games as well as the subsequent ODI series that follows, the absence of India’s main all-rounder proved to be a big blow with Vijay Shankar potentially set to play that role in the second game having not featured in the first.
Captain: Aaron Finch
- Australia managed to scramble for 14 off the last over and two off the final ball as they sealed a thrilling victory over India with a series win in their sights after the improbable success in the first game.
- Glenn Maxwell was crucial for his side and led the way with 56 from 43 balls as his 84-run third-wicket stand with D’Arcy Short was the catalyst for his side’s success with Short taking full advantage of his inclusion following a superb BBL season.
- Australia are likely to be unchanged for the second game but if any changes are to be made, Kane Richardson could be the one to come into the side with Jhye Richardson the one to make way after he went for 7.75 an over in the first game.
India will still be wondering how they lost the first T20 international against Australia but will be desperate to put things right as they look to maintain their proud record on home soil. They will need to be much improved with their batsmen needing to score at a faster rate than they did in the first game. They wasted some good opportunities to put poor deliveries away and with Australia possessing some big-hitters in their top order, they could be punished. The tourists are capable of claiming the series but India should get the better of them here.