2019-20 NHL – Winnipeg Jets @ Columbus Blue Jackets Preview & Pick
When is Winnipeg Jets @ Columbus Blue Jackets taking place? Thursday 23rd January, 2019 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Winnipeg Jets @ Columbus Blue Jackets taking place? Nationwide Arena, Columbus
What channel is Winnipeg Jets @ Columbus Blue Jackets on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Winnipeg Jets @ Columbus Blue Jackets? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Winnipeg Jets @ Columbus Blue Jackets? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Winnipeg Jets 4 – 3 Columbus Blue Jackets
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Jets are coming off a 4-1 loss against the Carolina Hurricanes which further extends their losing streak to three games while posting a 1-4 record in their last five contests. As a result, they sit in ninth place of the Western Conference standings with 54 points out of 50 games.
- Winnipeg should be quite depleted ahead of this contest since they have seven players who have already been ruled out. The list includes four defencemen – Dustin Byfuglien, Tucker Poolman, Nathan Beaulieu and Carl Dahlstrom – as well as three forwards – Bryan Little, Adam Lowry and Mark Letestu.
- One player to keep an eye for the Jets is Blake Wheeler. He has been the franchise’s most productive player this season thanks to 42 points (15 goals and 27 assists) in 50 games, although he has failed to crack the score sheet in three of the team’s last five games.
COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
- The Blue Jackets must be one of the hottest teams in the league at the moment and they have extended their winning streak to five games following their 2-1 win over the New York Rangers. This strong run has lifted them to eighth place in the Eastern Conference with 60 points out of 50 games.
- Columbus have four players listed as questionable ahead of this contest in forwards Josh Anderson, Brandon Dubinsky and defencemen Dean Kukan and Ryan Murray. Winger Sonny Milano, center Alexander Texier and goaltender Joonas Korpisalo have already been ruled out.
- The biggest scoring threat for the Blue Jackets here will be Pierre-Luc Dubois, as he is the team’s top contributor with 35 points out of 50 games thanks to 15 goals and 20 assists. He ranks in the Top 3 in both goals and assists for the franchise.
The Jets are coming off three straight losses while the Blue Jackets enter this game on a five-game winning streak. Plus, Columbus have the edge of playing at home and look healthier than a Winnipeg team that are severely depleted at both ends of the ice. Columbus carry all the momentum heading into this matchup, and they look able to put an end to Winnipeg’s three-game winning streak against them dating all the way back to the 2018-19 season.