2019-20 NHL – Washington Capitals @ St. Louis Blues Preview & Prediction
When is Washington Capitals @ St. Louis Blues taking place? Thursday 3rd October, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Washington Capitals @ St. Louis Blues taking place? Enterprise Center
What television channel is Washington Capitals @ St. Louis Blues on? Check back here closer to the match for TV info
Where can I stream Washington Capitals @ St. Louis Blues? Check back here closer to the match for live streaming info
Where can I get tickets for Washington Capitals @ St. Louis Blues? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Washington Capitals 1 – 4 St. Louis Blues
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Capitals were the third-best team in the Eastern Conference during the 2018-19 season since they ended the year with 104 points thanks to a W39, WO9, LO8, L26 mark. However, they once again disappointed in the playoffs after suffering a first-round exit at the hands of the Carolina Hurricanes (3-4).
- LW Alex Ovechkin was Washington’s top player during the 2018-19 season once again as he finished the regular season with 89 points (51 goals, 38 assists). C Nicklas Backstrom chipped in with 52 assists (as well as 22 goals) and D John Carlson once again established himself as a solid blue-line offensive presence with 13 goals and 57 assists.
- The Capitals have the edge when it comes to the recent H2H record against the Blues, winning three of the last five meetings between both franchises. The Capitals have a W6, WO1, L3 mark in their last 10 matches against St. Louis, including preseason.
ST. LOUIS BLUES
- The Blues enter the 2019-20 NHL season as the reigning Stanley Cup champions following an impressive playoff run. They were the fifth-best team in the Western Conference with 99 points (W36, WO9, LO9, L28), but defeated the Winnipeg Jets (4-2), the Dallas Stars (4-3), the San Jose Sharks (4-2) and the Boston Bruins (4-3) on route to their first championship.
- RW Vladimir Tarasenko led the Blues with 33 goals in the regular season and finished with 68 points after notching 35 assists as well. Ryan O’Reilly led the team on both assists (49) and points (77) since he also had 28 goals. LW Jaden Schwartz impressed during the playoffs after finishing with 20 points, thanks to 12 goals and eight assists.
- The Blues swept the last-season series against the Capitals, winning 5-2 at home and 4-1 on the road. However, they’ve won just three times in their last 10 meetings against Washington, including preseason.
Both Washington Capitals and St. Louis Blues are coming off postseason appearances, but the Blues are the reigning champions and will also kick-off their season at home. Therefore, St. Louis have a clear edge to secure the win in their 2019-20 regular-season opener.