2019-20 NHL – Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers Preview & Pick
When is Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers taking place? Thursday 21st November, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers taking place? Madison Square Garden, New York
What channel is Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Washington Capitals 5 – 2 New York Rangers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Capitals are coming off a solid 5-2 home win over the Anaheim Ducks are on a two-game winning streak while taking points in four of their last five contests. Washington sit at the top of the Eastern Conference standings with 36 points.
- Forwards Nick Dowd and Carl Hagelin are both dealing with upper body injuries, and both have been listed as questionable ahead of this matchup.
- John Carlson continues to be Washington’s best player this season, even ahead of a huge scoring threat such as Alex Ovechkin. The defenceman racked up two assists the last time out, and he now leads the Caps in points with 34 in just 23 games. He is also on a seven-game point streak.
NEW YORK RANGERS
- The Rangers do not enter this game on their best run of form and they are coming off a disappointing 4-3 away defeat against the Florida Panthers, with that result extending their losing run to two games while dropping three of their last four.
- Defenceman Yegor Rykov has been listed as questionable due to an undisclosed injury and he will be a game-time decision. Marc Staal remains out due to an infection and the same goes for center Mika Zibanejad, who is skating on his own and remains days away from a possible return.
- Star forward Artemi Panarin must be one of the hottest players in the league right now. The left wing is currently riding an 11-game point streak, and he has five goals with 12 assists over that span. He is coming from a multi-point effort the last time out against the Florida Panthers (G1, A1).
The Capitals should be major favourites ahead of this contest considering they sit at the top of the of the Eastern Conference and that they own the league’s best attack by a considerable margin, 89 goals in only 23 games and 3.86 per game. They should have a field day against a struggling Rangers team that has conceded 23 goals in their last five games alone and that are currently on a dreadful run of form with three losses in their last four games.