2019-20 NHL – Washington Capitals @ Arizona Coyotes Preview & Pick
When is Washington Capitals @ Arizona Coyotes taking place? Sunday 16th February, 2020 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Washington Capitals @ Arizona Coyotes taking place? Gila River Arena, Phoenix
What channel is Washington Capitals @ Arizona Coyotes on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Washington Capitals @ Arizona Coyotes? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Washington Capitals @ Arizona Coyotes? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Washington Capitals 3 – 4 Arizona Coyotes
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Capitals are coming off a 3-2 away win over the Colorado Avalanche and that result snapped a two-game losing streak. Washington have only gone 2-3 during their last five outings, but they remain near the top of the Eastern Conference standings.
- Washington should be close to full strength entering this game. Their lone potential absentee will be Evgeny Kuznetsov, as the center has been listed as questionable due to an upper body injury.
- Alex Ovechkin hasn’t scored in his last three games, but the Russian winger has notched 14 goals in his last 10. He remains one of the league’s biggest scoring threats and is up to 57 points in 56 games, with 40 goals and 17 assists.
- The Coyotes remain in playoff position since they are in eighth place of the standings with 64 points, but they are trending in the wrong direction. Their 3-2 loss against the Ottawa Senators pushed their losing run to two games and they have gone 1-4 in their last five.
- Arizona might be heavily depleted ahead of this contest since goaltender Darcy Kuemper, defencemen Jason Demers and center Barrett Hayton have been listed as questionable and could be game-time calls.
- Christian Dvorak has cracked the scoresheet in four of his last six games, notching three goals and one assist over that span. For what it's worth, Dvorak is in the midst of a career-year with 17 goals this season. He is just two points from tying his career-best mark of 37 points set in 2017-18.
The Coyotes have the edge of playing at home but that should be where the advantages end for Arizona. Washington are a far better team, they sit higher in the standings and, while their recent record does not offer much promise, they are more composed overall. Their biggest calling card is their offense, as the Capitals have scored 205 goals so far to give them the second-best attack in the Eastern Conference.