2019-20 NHL – Vegas Golden Knights @ Minnesota Wild Preview & Pick
When is Vegas Golden Knights @ Minnesota Wild taking place? Friday 13th March, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Vegas Golden Knights @ Minnesota Wild taking place? Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul
What channel is Vegas Golden Knights @ Minnesota Wild on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Vegas Golden Knights @ Minnesota Wild? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Vegas Golden Knights @ Minnesota Wild? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Vegas Golden Knights 4 – 0 Minnesota Wild
THE TEAM NEWS
VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
- The Golden Knights are coming off a 3-2 win at the Edmonton Oilers and they have won two straight games and three out of their last four contests. Vegas remain on the rise and currently boast 86 points in the Western Conference.
- Mark Stone and Alex Tuch have both been ruled out for this game due to injury. The rest of the team, however, will be available, although the loss of Stone could hurt since he has been one of the Golden Knights’ best players in 2019-20.
- The absence of Stone could put even more pressure on Max Pacioretty’s shoulders. The 31-year-old winger is Vegas’ most productive player with 66 points in 71 games during the current regular season, thanks to 32 goals and 34 assists.
- The Wild remain alive in the playoff race since they have won three of their last four games and they sit on 77 points at present. They are coming off a big 5-4 away win at the Anaheim Ducks after a thrilling overtime period.
- Eric Staal has been ruled out of this game due to personal reasons but he’s expected to return to action quite soon. Carson Soucy will also miss this contest due to an upper body injury.
- One player to keep an eye here should be Kevin Fiala. He might not be a household name, but he has been Minnesota’s main scoring threat and the current leader in points with 54, thanks to 23 goals and 31 helpers.
The Golden Knights and the Wild are both expected to make the playoffs this season, but there’s no question Vegas should be favoured here. Despite playing away from home, they have been playing at a very high level of late while also winning three of their last four contests on the road. Their confidence is sky high at the moment and given their recent results, it seems Minnesota will be no match for them here.