2019-20 NHL – Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning Preview & Pick
When is Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning taking place? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning taking place? Amalie Arena, Tampa
What channel is Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Vancouver Canucks 2 – 5 Tampa Bay Lightning
THE TEAM NEWS
- Vancouver are one of the hottest teams in the NHL over the last few days, and they enter this game on a seven-game winning streak following their 2-1 win over the New York Rangers the last time out. This impressive run has lifted the Canucks to sixth place of the Western Conference with 50 points after 42 games.
- The Canucks have listed three players as questionable entering this game, with forwards Micheal Ferland, Tyler Graovac and Brandon Sutter all expected to be game-time decisions for the coaching staff. Josh Leivo has been ruled out until late February at the earliest.
- Bo Horvat should be a player to watch for Vancouver here. The center has seven points (two goals, five assists) in his last three contests, and he is up to 35 points (12 goals, 23 assists) in 42 games this season.
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
- Tampa Bay have also been on top form of late, however, and their 5-3 win over the Ottawa Senators the last time out extended their winning run to six games. They have won seven of their last 10 games, just like the Canucks, and they sit in sixth place of the Eastern Conference with 52 points after 41 games.
- The Lightning will be close to full strength ahead of this contest. Their lone probable absentee could be Ryan McDonagh, who already missed Sunday’s contest against the Carolina Hurricanes and should be considered questionable.
- Steven Stamkos is the player to watch every time Tampa Bay step out on the ice, as the left winger is one of the most dynamic players in the entire league. He didn’t pick up a point the last time out, but he is still having a strong season with 37 points (15 goals, 22 assists) in an equal number of games.
It’s hard to predict which team will come out on top considering these two enter this game on a seven-game and a six-game winning streak, respectively. The Lighting have the better record if we compared them straight up to the Canucks, and they also have a slight edge since they will be playing at home. Plus, Tampa have won three of their previous four games against Vancouver and edge them when it comes to goals scored this term. The Lighting have netted 147 times against the Canucks’ 141 while playing one fewer game. It will be close, but the Lightning have a slight edge entering this contest.