When is Toronto Maple Leafs @ Winnipeg Jets taking place? Friday 3rd January, 2020 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Toronto Maple Leafs @ Winnipeg Jets taking place? Bell MTS Place, Winnipeg
What channel is Toronto Maple Leafs @ Winnipeg Jets on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Toronto Maple Leafs @ Winnipeg Jets? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Toronto Maple Leafs @ Winnipeg Jets? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Toronto Maple Leafs 3 – 2 Winnipeg Jets
THE TEAM NEWS
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
- The Maple Leafs are coming off a solid 4-1 win over the Minnesota Wild and, aside from bouncing back from an overtime loss against the New York Rangers in their previous contest, it also improved their five-game record to a W4, L1 mark. They have been one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference over the last five contests and currently sit in seventh place of the Eastern Conference with 49 points.
- Winger Trevor Moore is day-to-day with concussion-like symptoms, and he will be a game-time decision for this contest. Forward Andreas Johnsson and defenceman Jake Muzzin should be back during January, while a trio of forwards – Ilya Mikheyev, David Clarkson and Nathan Horton – will remain out for the next few months.
- Star center Auston Matthews has been one of the reasons why Toronto have been performing at such a high level. He has 48 points in 41 games (27 goals, 21 assists) and has chipped in with six goals and four helpers in his last five contests.
- The Jets were on the winning side of a high-scoring affair as they topped the Colorado Avalanche by a 7-4 score the last time out, and that win snapped their three-game losing streak. Winnipeg are 2-3 in their last five games, but they remain in sixth place of the Western Conference standings with 47 points.
- Defenceman Nathan Beaulieu is day-to-day with a lower body injury, while Bryan Little, Andrew Copp, Dmitry Kulikov, David Gustafsson and Dustin Byfuglien should return sometime during this month. Mark Letestu, meanwhile, has been ruled out until May at the earliest.
- Mark Scheifele and Kyle Connor are two players to watch for the Jets. While the former leads the team in points (44) and assists (26), the latter is the top scorer in the squad with 20 goals in 40 contests.
Both teams are coming off a win in their previous contest and sit in similar spots in their respective Conferences. The Maple Leafs own the joint highest-scoring unit in the Eastern Conference with 146 goals scored, however, and that has been the force behind their impressive run of results in recent days. That scoring ability should lead to a win once again, as they will take on a Winnipeg team that is allowing 4.8 goals per game in their last four contests.