2019-20 NHL – Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Islanders Preview & Pick
When is Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Islanders taking place? Thursday 14th November, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Islanders taking place? Nassau Coliseum, New York
What channel is Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Islanders on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Islanders? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Islanders? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Toronto Maple Leafs 2 – 1 New York Islanders
THE TEAM NEWS
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
- The Maple Leafs enter this contest on a two-game losing run following Sunday’s 5-4 away defeat at the Chicago Blackhawks. This run comes on the heels of a previous three-game winning run (W1, WO2) and, prior to that, Toronto had lost two in a row. It’s clear they have struggled with consistency over the past few weeks, as they sit in fifth place of the Eastern Conference with 22 points.
- Forwards Zach Hyman (knee) and Mason Marchment (undisclosed) have been listed as questionable ahead of this contest. Right wingers David Clarkson (back) and Nathan Horton (back), as well as center Mitch Marner (ankle), have been listed as out.
- Center Auston Matthews should be Toronto’s main attacking threat here. He is among the league leaders in points with 25 (13 goals, 12 assists), and he has two goals with seven assists during Toronto’s last four games.
NEW YORK ISLANDERS
- The Islanders are coming off a 2-1 home win over the Florida Panthers the last time out, and their recent form has been impressive. They have won nine of their last 10 contests (W8, WO1, LO1), and their lone defeat over that span came in an overtime loss against the Pittsburgh Penguins last week. They sit second in the Eastern Conference standings with 25 points (W9, WO3, LO1, L3).
- Casey Cizikas (knee) and Andrew Ladd (knee) have both been listed as questionable ahead of this game, and both will be game-time decisions for the coaching staff. Meanwhile, Matt Martin (lower body) and Tom Kuhnhackl (lower body) are out. Third-liner Leo Komarov (neck) is expected to return after a nine-game absence.
- Mathew Barzal should be the Islanders’ player to watch in this one. He had one goal and one assist against the Panthers, and currently has 14 points in 16 games this season. He enters this matchup on a two-game point streak.
Undoubtedly, the Islanders are the hottest team in the NHL right now due to their sizzling 10-game form. New York also own the best defensive record across both Conferences since they have allowed just 35 goals in 16 contests (2.18 GAA) while scoring slightly over three goals per game (3.06). Toronto have a strong attacking unit (second-best in the Eastern Conference with 64 goals scored) but a porous defensive line (3.26 GAA, third-worst mark in the East) and they have allowed seven goals in their last two games combined. New York should remain on top form and secure the win here.