2019-20 NHL – Toronto Maple Leafs @ Detroit Red Wings Preview & Pick
When is Toronto Maple Leafs @ Detroit Red Wings taking place? Thursday 28th November, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Toronto Maple Leafs @ Detroit Red Wings taking place? Little Caesars Arena, Detroit
What channel is Toronto Maple Leafs @ Detroit Red Wings on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Toronto Maple Leafs @ Detroit Red Wings? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Toronto Maple Leafs @ Detroit Red Wings? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Toronto Maple Leafs 5 – 2 Detroit Red Wings
THE TEAM NEWS
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
- The Maple Leafs are coming off a 5-3 away win over the Colorado Avalache and that result extended their winning streak to two games. However, they were coming off six straight defeats prior to this. Toronto currently sit in ninth place of the Eastern Conference with 26 points after 25 games.
- Trevor Moore and Mason Marchment have been listed as questionable, and both will be game-time decisions. Mitch Marner remains out due to an ankle injury, and Alex Kerfoot was handed a two-game suspension Monday so he will be out too. Right wingers David Clarkson and Nathan Horton have been ruled out for the remainder of the season due to back injuries.
- Toronto’s best player this season has been Auston Matthews, and he should be the franchise’s player to watch once again. He has been one of the NHL’s most productive skaters in 2019-20, and he paces Toronto in goals (16), assists (tied for the lead with 14) and points (30) in the current term.
DETROIT RED WINGS
- The Red Wings could easily be considered as one of the worst teams in the NHL this season, as they have lost a Conference-high 16 games, and they sit dead last in the East with 17 points after 26 games. They are coming off a 0-2 loss against the Carolina Hurricanes the last time out.
- The Red Wings have listed four players as questionable ahead of this game in Anthony Mantha, Mike Green, Danny DeKeyser, and Adam Erne. Justin Abdelkader and Trevor Daley (both undisclosed) won’t return until December, while Henrik Zetterberg and Johan Franzen are both out for the season.
- Mantha leads the Red Wings in points with 23 but due to the uncertainty of his availability for this match, most of Detroit’s scoring load will fall on the shoulders of Tyler Bertuzzi. He has 10 goals this season and ranks second in points within the franchise with 22 thanks to his team-high 12 assists.
Even though the Red Wings are playing at home, Detroit enter this game on a negative six-game losing streak and their last four defeats have come in regulation. The Maple Leafs seem to be a team on the rise thanks to their two-game winning run, and they should not have major issues in extending that streak here with a solid win away from home.