2019-20 NHL – Tampa Bay Lightning @ St. Louis Blues Preview & Pick
When is Tampa Bay Lightning @ St. Louis Blues taking place? Wednesday 20th November, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Tampa Bay Lightning @ St. Louis Blues taking place? Enterprise Center, St. Louis
What channel is Tampa Bay Lightning @ St. Louis Blues on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Tampa Bay Lightning @ St. Louis Blues? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Tampa Bay Lightning @ St. Louis Blues? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Tampa Bay Lightning 3 – 4 St. Louis Blues
THE TEAM NEWS
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
- The Lighting are coming off a 3-4 home loss against the Winnipeg Jets and that result ended a three-game winning run. They have scored an impressive tally of 64 goals in only 17 games, but that hasn’t been enough and they sit in 11th place of the Eastern Conference standings with 20 points (W7, WO2, LO2, L6).
- The Lightning are at full strength entering this contest, so head coach Jon Cooper will have every single resource available for this match, where the aim will be to avoid beginning a losing streak for the third time this season.
- Defenceman Victor Hedman should be Tampa Bay’s player to watch here. The 28-year-old Swede has been playing at a very high level of late, and he's riding a four-game point streak that includes two goals and five assists.
ST. LOUIS BLUES
- The Blues are riding their worst stretch of form this season as they are currently on a three-game losing streak following their 4-1 home defeat against the Anaheim Ducks the last time out. However, the Blues remain a top team on both ends of the ice and sit in first place of the Western Conference standings with 29 points.
- The St. Louis Blues will be without star forward Vladimir Tarasenk, as he has been ruled out for at least four more months due to a shoulder injury and his absence will weaken the team’s attack considerably.
- Brayden Schenn has been picking this up for the Blues in Tarasenko’s absence. He has points in four of his last six outings and has been on a tear this season, notching 18 points (11 goals with seven assists) in 21 games thus far.
Tampa Bay have averaged 5.0 goals scored during their last four games, and they have gone W3, L1 over that span, but their overall performances this season have been sub-par. Despite the fact the Lightning are showing signs of improvement, and the Blues are currently riding their worst stretch of form during the current term, St. Louis are at home and should be able to secure a win here.