2019-20 NHL – Tampa Bay Lightning @ Montreal Canadiens Preview & Prediction
When is Tampa Bay Lightning @ Montreal Canadiens taking place? Wednesday 16th October, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Tampa Bay Lightning @ Montreal Canadiens taking place? Centre Bell, Montreal
What television channel is Tampa Bay Lightning @ Montreal Canadiens on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Tampa Bay Lightning @ Montreal Canadiens? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Tampa Bay Lightning @ Montreal Canadiens? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Tampa Bay Lightning 2-4 Montreal Canadiens
THE TEAM NEWS
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
- Tampa Bay Lightning come into this contest with a 2-2-1 record after losing their latest game against Ottawa Senators but they will be eager to try and get back to winning ways on their long run of games on the road.
- Lightning have only hosted one game so far this season and this is will be their fifth road game in a row with another to follow against Boston Bruins and they may point to fatigue as a reason why they conceded two late goals which cost them the game against the Senators.
- Cedric Paquette has an outside chance of featuring in this game after he was a participant in his first full practice with the team before their last game but this match is expected to come too soon as he bids to overcome an arm injury.
- Montreal Canadiens got back to winning ways after a two-game streak without a victory thanks to what appeared to be a comfortable win over St. Louis Blues but the Canadiens only pulled away late in the game.
- With the scores tied up at three apiece heading into the third period, the Canadiens ramped things up to score three times and could have had more but missed a penalty as they came out on top 3-6.
- Center Nick Cousins remains a doubt for this game with the lower-body injury that he picked up in practice although with the extra couple of rest games before this game, his day-to-day status has a chance of improving.
Both Montreal Canadiens and Tampa Bay Lightning have struggled for consistency in the early part of the season but the pair will fancy their chances of picking up the win here. Lightning are coming to the end of a long road trip but have two more difficult contests before they head home, starting with a trip to Montreal to face the Canadiens. The home side were too good for St. Louis Blues in their last encounter and they can build on that win to make it back-to-back victories.