When is Tampa Bay Lightning @ Anaheim Ducks taking place? Saturday 1st February, 2020 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Tampa Bay Lightning @ Anaheim Ducks taking place? Honda Center, Anaheim
What channel is Tampa Bay Lightning @ Anaheim Ducks on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Tampa Bay Lightning @ Anaheim Ducks? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Tampa Bay Lightning @ Anaheim Ducks? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Tampa Bay Lightning 6 – 2 Anaheim Ducks
THE TEAM NEWS
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
- Tampa Bay enter this game on an inconsistent run of form. They defeated Los Angeles Kings 4-2 the last time out but have not registered back-to-back results in each of their last seven outings while going 4-3 over that span. They sit in fourth place of the Eastern Conference with 65 points out of 50 games.
- The Lightning are completely healthy entering this matchup, and they do not have any injury concerns ahead of this game. This will allow head coach Jon Cooper to deploy the forward lines and defensive pairings as best as he can.
- One player to watch every time the Lightning step on the ice is Steven Stamkos. One of the best players in the NHL over the last few years, the 29-year-old center recorded three points the last time out thanks to two goals and one assist. He is up to 53 points (22 goals, 31 assists) in 47 games this season.
- Anaheim enter this game following a 4-2 win over the Arizona Coyotes and they have won three of their last four outings while posting a 3-2 mark in their last five contests. That said, the Ducks remain one of the worst teams in the Western Conference since they are in 14th place with only 45 points out of 50 contests.
- The Ducks should be close to full strength entering this game since they do not have any fresh injury concerns. Patrick Eaves and Ryan Kesler have both been ruled out for the remainder of the season, but neither has played a big role this term so their absence shouldn’t be much of a factor.
- Jakob Silfverberg has been one of the Ducks’ most productive players this season although he only has one assist in his last five games. He has missed four of Anaheim’s last seven contests, but he still has 29 points in 45 games thanks to 15 goals and 14 assists.
The Ducks are on the rise while the Lightning have been quite inconsistent of late. However, while Anaheim certainly feel they can snag another positive result out of this contest, the Lightning are just too strong for the Ducks. Tampa Bay own the fourth-best attack (181 goals scored) and the sixth-best defence (142 goals conceded) in the Eastern Conference, meaning they have enough talent to get the job done on both ends of the ice. On the other hand, the Ducks list the second-worst attack in the Western Conference with only 128 goals scored so they are clearly overachieving of late – they average 3.0 goals per game over their last four contests. Anaheim will start the game motivated, but that might not be enough since Tampa Bay should be able to secure the win.