2019-20 NHL – Pittsburgh Penguins @ Tampa Bay Lightning Preview & Pick
When is Pittsburgh Penguins @ Tampa Bay Lightning taking place? Friday 7th February, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Pittsburgh Penguins @ Tampa Bay Lightning taking place? Amalie Arena, Tampa Bay
What channel is Pittsburgh Penguins @ Tampa Bay Lightning on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Pittsburgh Penguins @ Tampa Bay Lightning? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Pittsburgh Penguins @ Tampa Bay Lightning? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Pittsburgh Penguins 2 – 3 Tampa Bay Lightning
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Penguins are coming off one of their best results of the season as they claimed a 4-3 away win over the Washington Capitals, the current Eastern Conference leaders. They have won two straight and four of their five contests, meaning they now sit in third place of the Eastern Conference standings with 71 points out of 52 games.
- Pittsburgh’s Nick Bjugstad, Brian Dumoulin and Dominik Kahun are all questionable and should be game-time decisions, while Jake Guentzel will be out for the remainder of the regular season with an upper body problem.
- Keep an eye on Sidney Crosby here. The Canadian center has cracked the scoresheet in six of his last seven games since returning from injury, and has 12 points during that span (four goals, eight assists). Despite missing much of the season, Crosby still averages over 1.0 point per game since he has 29 points (nine goals, 20 assists) in only 24 contests.
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
- The Lightning should be considered as one of the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference over the last few days since their 4-2 home win over the Vegas Golden Knights pushed their winning run to four contests. As a result, Tampa Bay have climbed to fourth place with 71 points out of 53 games.
- Tampa Bay should be close to full strength entering this contest, as their lone potential absentee will be defenceman Jan Rutta. He is dealing with a lower body injury and while he’s questionable, his chances of playing here are quite slim.
- Nikita Kucherov continues to thrive, and he has been one of the league’s most dangerous wingers of late. He has exactly two points in six of his last seven and now boasts a team-leading 63 points (24 goals and 39 assists) in 51 games for the season.
These two sides are tied at 71 points and while Tampa Bay own the stronger attack, 192 goals to Boston’s 176, the Bruins have looked far stronger defensively with only 142 goals allowed against the Lightning’s 147. This should be a very tight contest but the recent form and the home field advantage could be decisive and the Lightning should be favoured here, although the game could easily be decided in a shootout or an overtime period.