2019-20 NHL – Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers Preview & Pick
When is Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers taking place? Wednesday 13rd November, 2019 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers taking place? Madison Square Garden, New York
What channel is Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Pittsburgh Penguins 3 – 4 New York Rangers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Penguins enter this game on a two-game winning streak, although both have come via shootouts, following a 3-2 win over the Chicago Blackhawks this past Saturday. Pittsburgh have taken points in four of their last five games (W1, WO2, LO1, L1) and currently average 3.41 goals per game, something that has helped them to reach sixth place of the Eastern Conference with 21 points after 17 games.
- The Penguins could receive a major boost ahead of this game since they have three players listed as day-to-day, including stars Sidney Crosby and Kris Letang (both due to lower body injuries). Patric Hornqvist is also dealing with a lower-body problem and could return ahead of this contest.
- One player to keep an eye here should be Evgeni Malkin as the 33-year-old veteran missed most of October due to injury but bounced back admirably. He has five points in his last three games, notching one goal and four assists over that span. Two of those contests have been multi-point efforts.
NEW YORK RANGERS
- The Rangers are coming off a 6-5 shootout loss against the Florida Panthers the last time out, and that result ended a two-game winning streak for one of the biggest franchises in the NHL. New York remain quite far from the playoff zone early in the season, notching just 16 points in 15 games and sitting in 12th place of the Conference.
- The Rangers will be without a pair of defencemen ahead of this contest since both Marc Staal (infection) and Yegor Rykov (undisclosed) have been ruled out of this match. Forwards Mika Zibanejad (upper body) and Micheal Haley (undisclosed) have been listed as day-to-day, however, and both could return ahead of this match.
- Artemi Panarin was the Rangers’ biggest offseason acquisition and so far he has performed even better than expected. The star left winger had two assists in New York’s most recent games and extended his point streak to eight games. The 28-year-old has four goals and eight assists over that span.
Pittsburgh owns the third-best defensive record in the Eastern Conference with only 44 goals conceded after 17 matches (2.58 GAA), while New York average 3.4 goals per game at both ends of the ice. This might be a game where the best defence will reap the rewards and, if that’s the case, the Penguins should be favoured to steal the win away from Madison Square Garden. At least on paper, they have looked better and more consistent than the Rangers so far this season.