2019-20 NHL – Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders Preview & Pick
When is Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders taking place? Friday 22nd November, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders taking place? Barclays Center, New York
What channel is Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Pittsburgh Penguins 4 – 5 New York Islanders
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Penguins will look to avenge the overtime loss they suffered against the Islanders in back-to-back contests, as these two teams already met Tuesday at PPG Paints Arena. Pittsburgh arrive here in a poor run of form, though, having dropped three of their last four contests (W1, LO2, L2).
- Pittsburgh will be without their star center and face of the franchise, Sidney Crosby, as he is dealing with a groin injury and he won’t return until late December at the earliest. Nick Bjugstad remains out with a lower body injury, while Patric Hornqvist and defenceman Kris Letang will be game-time decisions.
- Evgeni Malkin has been picking things up for the Penguins in Crosby’s absence. The veteran playmaker has picked up points in five of his last six appearances and currently has 11 points (three goals, eight assists) in 10 games. He delivered two assists against the Isles on Tuesday.
NEW YORK ISLANDERS
- The Islanders will aim to secure back-to-back wins against the Penguins following their Tuesday win on the road by a 5-4 score, as the previous meeting between these two sides was decided in overtime. New York have looked impressive of late and arrive into this game riding a four-game winning streak (W2, WO2). They sit in second place of the Eastern Conference standings with 31 points after only 19 games.
- Left winger Matt Martin has been listed as questionable due to a lower body injury, and he will be a game-time decision for the coaching staff. Right winger Tom Kuhnhackl is also out with the same problem, but he’s not expected to return until early December at the earliest. The rest of the squad should be fit and available for this contest.
- Matthew Barzal might not have scored against Pittsburgh, but he has three goals and three assists – including two multi-point games – in his last five appearances. The former first-round pick has been one of New York’s most productive players this season with 17 points (nine goals, eight assists) in 19 games.
The Islanders have everything in their favour to secure the win here. They are playing at home, where they own an impressive W7, WO2, LO1, L2 record thus far, and as if entering this matchup on a four-game winning streak wasn’t enough, they also own the league’s best defence since they have allowed just 46 goals thus far – an average of 2.42 GAA. Pittsburgh have struggled since the injury sustained by Sidney Crosby and their recent form is the best example of that. Considering the context for both sides, the Islanders should be able to secure the win here against a Penguins team that has conceded 3.3 goals per game in their last three defeats.