When is Pittsburgh Penguins @ Buffalo Sabres taking place? Friday 6th March, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Pittsburgh Penguins @ Buffalo Sabres taking place? KeyBank Center, Buffalo
What channel is Pittsburgh Penguins @ Buffalo Sabres on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Pittsburgh Penguins @ Buffalo Sabres? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Pittsburgh Penguins @ Buffalo Sabres? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Pittsburgh Penguins 2 – 5 Buffalo Sabres
THE TEAM NEWS
- Pittsburgh put an end to their six-game losing streak with a 7-3 win over the Ottawa Senators the last time out, but that negative run of results caused them to drop in the Eastern Conference standings. Now they sit in fifth place with 82 points, five points behind second-placed Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Nick Bjugstad and Brandon Tanev have been listed as questionable ahead of this contest, while Zach Aston-Reese, Dominik Simon and Jake Guentzel have been ruled out and the latter is already slated to miss the remainder of the regular season.
- Sidney Crosby notched three points against Ottawa, ending a negative run of just one points in his prior six games. The star center missed several weeks through injury this season, but he has been excellent when he’s out there with 44 points (14 goals, 30 assists) in just 37 games.
- The Sabres had an outside chance of sneaking into the playoff conversation a few weeks ago but that has disappeared following their recent run of results as they are coming off a 3-1 loss to the Winnipeg Jets and that extended their losing streak to four games. As a result, Buffalo sit in 13th place of the standings with 66 points.
- Buffalo will be without Matt Hunwick, Vladimir Sobotka and Tage Thompson, with all three out for the remainder of the 2019-20 season. Goaltender Linus Ullmark has been listed as questionable, and he will be a game-time decision for the coaching staff.
- Star center Jack Eichel hasn’t registered a point in his last five games, but he continues to be the Sabres’ main scoring threat. The fifth-year center could end up having the best season of his career, as he is just five points away from tying his career-best 82 points set up in 2018/19.
These two teams enter this game with identical 1-4 records in their last five games but Buffalo are in the midst of a losing streak while the Penguins got a morale-boosting win over the Senators that ended a losing run of their own. Pittsburgh have been the most consistent team of the two this season and have their backs against the wall here, as they need to start winning if they want to reach a Top 4 finish in the Conference, while Buffalo have nothing to play for. That motivation factor should be enough to list the Penguins as the favourites here.