2019-20 NHL – Philadelphia Flyers @ Washington Capitals Preview & Pick
When is Philadelphia Flyers @ Washington Capitals taking place? Thursday 5th March, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Philadelphia Flyers @ Washington Capitals taking place? Capital One Arena, Washington
What channel is Philadelphia Flyers @ Washington Capitals on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Philadelphia Flyers @ Washington Capitals? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Philadelphia Flyers @ Washington Capitals? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Philadelphia Flyers 7 – 2 Washington Capitals
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Flyers have been one of the best teams of the Eastern Conference over the last few games and extended their winning run to six following a 5-3 away win over the New York Rangers last Sunday. They have jumped to fourth place in the standings with 83 points.
- Nolan Patrick has been listed as questionable for Philadelphia since he is dealing with a head injury and will be a game-time decision. Oskar Lindblom, who was diagnosed with cancer earlier this season, will miss the remainder of the 2019-20 campaign.
- Jakub Voracek is known for being a goalscoring threat, but he has looked deadly as a playmaker of late with six assists in his last two games. The right winger has 12 goals and 40 assists in 65 games during the current term.
- The Capitals are coming off a 4-3 win over the Minnesota Wild and remain playing at a high level, winning three of their last four contests. Washington remain a bonafide title contender and sit in third place of the Eastern Conference with 86 points.
- Surprisingly, Washington enter this game with no reported injuries so the coaching staff will be able to field their best lineup possible on both ends of the ice.
- Alex Ovechkin is coming off a three-point performance Sunday and the Russian winger remains one of the most productive forwards in the league. He’s on pace to notch 50 goals in a single season for the ninth time of his career.
Washington and Philadelphia are two teams on the rise following their recent results but there is no question that the Flyers are the hottest team in the Eastern Conference at the moment. Washington have a stronger attack, with 226 goals scored, but the Flyers have a stronger defence having conceded just 190 goals, so this could very well be a clash of styles. The home-field advantage could turn out to be crucial, though, and with that in mind, Washington should be listed as favourites here.