2019-20 NHL – Philadelphia Flyers @ Vegas Golden Knights Preview & Pick
When is Philadelphia Flyers @ Vegas Golden Knights taking place? Friday 3rd January, 2020 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Philadelphia Flyers @ Vegas Golden Knights taking place? T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
What channel is Philadelphia Flyers @ Vegas Golden Knights on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Philadelphia Flyers @ Vegas Golden Knights? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Philadelphia Flyers @ Vegas Golden Knights? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Philadelphia Flyers 6 – 2 Vegas Golden Knights
THE TEAM NEWS
- Philadelphia are coming off a 5-3 loss against the Los Angeles Kings and that means Philly have dropped two of their last three games. The Flyers, however, are 3-2 in their last five games and sit in sixth place of the Eastern Conference standings with 49 points.
- The Flyers are quite healthy entering this game, with the lone absentee being center Nolan Patrick who is out due to a head problem. Oskar Lindblom will be ruled out until September at the earliest due to illness.
- Travis Konecny leads the team in both assists (24) and points (35), while ranking second in goals with 11. He has undoubtedly been the team’s most productive player this season. Claude Giroux, Kevin Hayes and James van Riemsdyk all have 12 goals each.
VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
- Vegas are coming off a 5-2 win over the Anaheim Ducks and that result pushed their winning run to two games. They are 3-2 over their last five matches, and the Golden Knights sit in fourth place of the Western Conference standings with 50 points.
- The Golden Knights are quite healthy entering this contest, with the lone absentee being center Cody Eakin due to a head injury. The rest of the team will be available, meaning Vegas will field a very strong unit for this matchup.
- Max Pacioretty and Mark Stone have already topped the 40-point mark this season: the former has 16 goals and 25 assists (41 pts), while the latter has 16 goals and 24 assists (40 pts). Five Vegas players already have double-digit goals and assists.
If we take a look at recent games both sides have won three of their last five matches, although Vegas are on a two-game winning run, while the Flyers have lost two of their last three. We can see the Golden Knights have the stronger attack – 134 goals scored compared to Philly’s 127 – but the Flyers have a better defensive unit – 118 goals conceded against Vegas’ 125. This is probably going to be a tight contest, but Vegas should have the edge solely based on recent form and the fact they are at home.