2019-20 NHL – Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning Preview & Pick
When is Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning taking place? Friday 13th March, 2020 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning taking place? Amalie Arena, Tampa
What channel is Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Philadelphia Flyers 3 – 5 Tampa Bay Lightning
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Flyers’ nine-game winning streak ended abruptly on Tuesday as Philadelphia lost 2-0 on the road against the Boston Bruins. That 9-1 record over the last 10 games pushed the Flyers into comfortable playoff territory, however, and they are gunning for a Top 4 finish in the regular season which would clinch them home-field advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
- Philadelphia will have four absentees heading into this game as Oskar Lindblom, Philippe Myers, Nolan Patrick and James van Riemsdyk will all miss this tilt. Lindblom and Myers will miss the remainder of the 2019-20 regular season.
- Jakub Voracek remains Philadelphia’s best player even if he couldn’t crack the scoresheet against the Bruins. He has 10 assists in his last six games, although he hasn’t scored in each of his last nine outings.
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
- The Lightning are coming off back-to-back losses for the first time since the end of February and while they remain a top team in the Eastern Conference, their results have not been convincing. Following a 2-1 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs, now they have posted a 3-7 mark in their last 10 games.
- One of the main reasons why the Lightning have struggled so much is the loss of Steven Stamkos, as the star winger will miss the remainder of the regular season due to an abdomen injury. Victor Hedman and Jan Rutta are also sidelined ahead of this matchup.
- The loss of Stamkos should put even more pressure on what Nikita Kucherov can do. The star forward currently leads the Lightning in points with 85, thanks to 33 goals and 52 assists and he has been one of the most productive forwards in the league in 2019-20.
Both teams are coming off losses and while the Lightning are playing at home, that’s where their advantages should end. They have struggled to get positive results against top teams, despite their win over the Bruins earlier this month, while the Flyers have just snapped an impressive nine-game winning streak. The Flyers have the edge when it comes to the five-game form (4-1 against Tampa’s 2-3), but the Lightning have a better attack and a stingier defence. It is going to be a tight game, but the good run of results from the Flyers should be enough to consider them as slight favourites here.