2019-20 NHL – Philadelphia Flyers @ St. Louis Blues Preview & Pick
When is Philadelphia Flyers @ St. Louis Blues taking place? Thursday 16th January, 2020 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Philadelphia Flyers @ St. Louis Blues taking place? Enterprise Center, St. Louis
What channel is Philadelphia Flyers @ St. Louis Blues on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Philadelphia Flyers @ St. Louis Blues? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Philadelphia Flyers @ St. Louis Blues? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Philadelphia Flyers 3 – 7 St. Louis Blues
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Flyers are coming off a 6-5 shutout win over the Boston Bruins, and now they have won two of their last three games. They have dropped three out of their last five, however, and sit in eighth place of the Eastern Conference standings with 54 points out of 46 contests.
- Philadelphia will wait until closer to the first drop to learn if Chris Stewart will play or not due to an illness. Justin Braun, Nolan Patrick, Oskar Lindblom and Shayne Gostisbehere have all been ruled out, though.
- Claude Giroux enters this game on a three-game scoring drought, but he is primed for a bounce-back performance after notching points in six of the last seven contests prior to this pointless three-game stretch. He has 31 points (13 goals, 18 assists) in 46 games this term.
ST. LOUIS BLUES
- The reigning Stanley Cup champions are on a roll of late, and they enter this game following a 4-1 win over the Anaheim Ducks which pushed their winning streak to four games and solidified their status as the top team in the Western Conference. They are in first place of the Western standings with 67 points, 11 above the second-placed Dallas Stars.
- The Blues could receive a major boost defensively as defencemen Carl Gunnarsson and Colton Parayko could both return to action here. Vladimir Tarasenko remains out, however, and both Sammy Bleis and Erik Foley are also slated to miss this matchup.
- Brayden Schenn has been on fire as a playmaker of late, as he enters this game on a streak of four games with at least one assist – he has six over that span. He has 40 points (17 goals, 23 assists) in 47 games this season.
It seems no team in the league can stop the Blues’ quest for back-to-back Stanley Cup titles and they have looked impressive despite not having their star winger Vladimir Tarasenko for much of the season. The Blues currently own the Conference’s third-best attack with 152 goals and the second-best defence with 125 goals allowed. Meanwhile, the Flyers have been extremely inconsistent in recent weeks and rank as a middle-of-the-pack team on both offense and defence. If we add the fact Philadelphia are playing on the road – where they dropped four straight games while winning just nine of 24 – then St. Louis should be able to secure the win here without much trouble.