2019-20 NHL – Philadelphia Flyers @ Pittsburgh Penguins Preview & Pick
When is Philadelphia Flyers @ Pittsburgh Penguins taking place? Saturday 1st February, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Philadelphia Flyers @ Pittsburgh Penguins taking place? PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburgh
What channel is Philadelphia Flyers @ Pittsburgh Penguins on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Philadelphia Flyers @ Pittsburgh Penguins? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Philadelphia Flyers @ Pittsburgh Penguins? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Philadelphia Flyers 3 – 0 Pittsburgh Penguins
THE TEAM NEWS
- Philadelphia registered a 3-0 win over the Penguins in their previous contest and that result extended their winning streak to two games, while posting a 4-1 mark in their last five contests. However, they remain outside the playoff zone since they are in ninth place thanks to 60 points out of 50 matches.
- Carter Hart, Michael Raffl and Shayne Gostisbehere have all been listed as game-time decisions ahead of this match according to the coaching staff. Forwards Nolan Patrick and Oskar Lindblom have been ruled out, though Patrick is slated to return as soon as next week.
- One player to keep an eye on in the Flyers roster should be Jakub Voracek. He scored his 10th goal of the season in the previous win against the Penguins, but he also has 28 assists thus far in the season. He’s up to 38 points in 50 games despite his low goalscoring totals.
- Pittsburgh might be coming off a loss here since they dropped their recent contest against the Flyers, but they have a 3-2 mark over their last five games and remain one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference. They have 67 points out of 50 games and that’s good enough to sit in third place of the standings.
- Forwards Nick Bjugstad, Dominik Kahun and defencemen Justin Schultz and Brian Dumoulin have been listed as game-time calls, meaning the Penguins could have up to four players returning to action here. Their lone confirmed absentee will be winger Jake Guentzel, who is out for the reminder of the regular season.
- Keep an eye on Sidney Crosby, as the Penguins star center has three goals and five assists since returning from injury earlier this month and he keeps showing why he is one of the league’s most dominant playmakers. He has 25 points (eight goals, 17 assists) in only 22 games.
The Flyers might have the edge when it comes to their recent H2H record with the Penguins since they have won three of their last four meetings, including the most recent contest, but Pittsburgh have been the better team of the two during the entire season despite having gone through a rash of injuries that would have depleted any other franchise. Pittsburgh should reflect that strength in the score, as they are heavily expected to secure the win here.