2019-20 NHL – Philadelphia Flyers @ Columbus Blue Jackets Preview & Pick
When is Philadelphia Flyers @ Columbus Blue Jackets taking place? Friday 21st February, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Philadelphia Flyers @ Columbus Blue Jackets taking place? Nationwide Arena, Columbus
What channel is Philadelphia Flyers @ Columbus Blue Jackets on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Philadelphia Flyers @ Columbus Blue Jackets? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Philadelphia Flyers @ Columbus Blue Jackets? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Philadelphia Flyers 5 – 1 Columbus Blue Jackets
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Flyers defeated the Blue Jackets the last time out but overall they have posted a W3, L2 mark in their last five contests. Despite their inconsistencies, Philadelphia remain in the playoff zone, fifth place of the Eastern Conference with 73 points.
- Defenceman Shane Gostisbehere has been listed as questionable due to a knee injury, while Oscar Lindblom and Nolan Patrick have both been ruled out already.
- Claude Giroux might not be scoring at the rate he has in the past but he should be Philly’s player to watch. The 32-year-old is on a six-game point streak during which he's racked up three goals and 11 points.
COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
- Columbus will seek revenge after Tuesday’s loss to the Flyers but their recent form is not very encouraging with that game Columbus’ sixth consecutive defeat, and three of those have come after overtime periods.
- The Blue Jackets are extremely depleted with nine definite absentees, although Joonas Korpisalo and Josh Anderson have been listed as questionable.
- Oliver Bjorkstrand could be one of the players to watch for the Jackets as he has a five-game point streak going on (three goals, two helpers) and Tuesday's tally put him at 20 goals for the second straight season.
The Flyers have been the better team throughout the season and they can take advantage of Columbus’ bad run of form. Philadelphia have won their last three contests against the Blue Jackets, and that should be enough reason to show confidence. Philadelphia must improve on their consistency, but Columbus have been playing very poorly during the last few weeks so expect the Flyers to come away with the win here.