2019-20 NHL – Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs Preview & Prediction
When is Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs taking place? Thursday 3rd October, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs taking place? Air Canada Centre
What television channel is Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs on? SN in the USA
Where can I stream Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs? Check back here closer to the match for live streaming info
Where can I get tickets for Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Ottawa Senators 4 – 2 Toronto Maple Leafs
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Senators couldn’t reach the 2018-19 NHL Playoffs last season, as they ended the campaign at the bottom of the Eastern Conference with only 64 points (W23, WO6, LO6, L47). They also finished the year losing three of their last four games.
- Ottawa’s best player during the 2018-19 season was RW Mark Stone who led the team in goals (28) and points (62) while ranking third in assists with 34. D Thomas Chabot had 31 assists, while prospect LW Brady Tkachuk added 22 goals in 71 appearances.
- The Senators have the edge when it comes to their recent H2H record with the Maple Leafs, winning three of last season’s four meetings between the clubs.
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
- Unlike their opponents here, the Maple Leafs did reach the postseason although they lost in the first round to the Boston Bruins in a thrilling seven-game series (3-4). They ended the regular season as the fifth-best franchise in the Eastern Conference thanks to a 100-point haul (W40, WO6, LO8, L28).
- The Leafs’ most productive player last season was RW Mitchell Marner, who finished the campaign with 94 points (G28, A68). The top scorer was C John Tavares, who contributed with 47 goals as well as 41 assists, while C Auston Matthews chipped in with 37 goals and 36 assists.
- Toronto suffered the loss of two key defenders during the offseason in Ron Hainsey and Nikita Zaitsev, but they replaced them with Tyson Barrie, Cody Ceci and Travis Dermott. Barrie is an elite power-play performer, ranking seventh in points among defenseman in PP over the past three seasons.
The Maple Leafs are by far the better team here. Ottawa are currently looking to re-build, while Toronto are looking to make the playoffs and this time avoid a first-round exit as they have failed to do for two consecutive campaigns. The Maple Leafs have enough up their sleeves to come away with the win in the season opener in front of their home fans.