2019-20 NHL – Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets Preview & Pick
When is Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets taking place? Tuesday 25th February, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets taking place? Nationwide Arena, Columbus
What channel is Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Ottawa Senators 4 – 3 Columbus Blue Jackets
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Senators enter this game on a two-game losing streak after conceding eight goals and scoring just once in that span. They are coming off a 3-0 loss to the Montreal Canadiens and, despite a 2-3 mark in their last five games, they sit in 15th place of the Eastern Conference with 53 points.
- Ottawa should be quite depleted ahead of this game, as they have four questionable players and five absentees. Thomas Chabot and Anders Nilsson headline the day-to-day list, while Bobby Ryan, Ryan Callahan and Marian Gaborik stand out as the confirmed absentees.
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau is the only Ottawa player who has reached the 40-point mark so far, as the center currently has 24 goals and 16 assists in 60 games during the current 2019-20 season.
COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
- The Blue Jackets are on the verge of the playoff zone with 74 points in 63 games and currently sit in eighth place of the standings. However, they are trending in the wrong direction of late with eight straight defeats, with their most recent one coming in overtime against the Nashville Predators by a 4-3 score.
- Columbus will be almost as depleted as the Senators, with six questionable players and three that have already been ruled out. Josh Anderson, Brandon Dubinsky, Dean Kukan, Ryan Murray, Alexandre Texier and Alexander Wennberg are questionable, while Cam Atkinson, Seth Jones and Oliver Bjorkstrand are out.
- Gustav Nyquist only has one goal and four assists in 12 February contests, but he looks due for a bounce-back performance with 37 points (12 goals, 25 assists) in 63 games in his first year with the franchise.
Ottawa have been struggling all season long while the Blue Jackets have been one of the league’s worst teams with eight consecutive losses. That said, the Blue Jackets have suffered five of those defeats in overtime, including three of the last four. They have been one goal away from a win several times, and they should take advantage of Ottawa’s defensive problems here to leave their eight-game losing streak in the rear view.