When is New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils taking place? Friday 18th October, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils taking place? Prudential Center, Newark
What television channel is New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Rangers 2-4 New Jersey Devils
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK RANGERS
- New York Rangers lost their first game of the season in their third contest as they were defeated by Edmonton Oilers in their last match but will be confident of inflicting more pain on rivals New Jersey Devils.
- It was a poor performance by the Rangers who had opened the scoring and took the lead into the second period but with the scores tied heading into the final 10 minutes of the game, the Oilers were able to score three goals to seal the win.
- Mika Zibanejad and Brendan Lemieux have both been suffering from flu and are deemed day-to-day ahead of this game whilst Chris Kreider avoided serious injury in the loss to the Oilers but will be a doubt for this contest.
NEW JERSEY DEVILS
- New Jersey Devils have started the season in terrible form and fell to their sixth consecutive loss to begin the year as they were edged out by Florida Panthers in their last contest with the pressure already building on head coach John Hynes.
- The loss against the Panthers will be difficult to bounce back from after racing into a 1-4 lead early in the second period but five unanswered goals including three in the final period were enough to condemn the Devils to another defeat.
- Hynes has given a positive update on Andy Greene but despite indicating his captain was improving, no date was given for his return whilst the head coach was coy on the availability of Nico Hischier.
New Jersey Devils have endured a difficult start to the season and with no wins to their name so far, they will be desperate to end that run as they host rivals New York Rangers. New Jersey head coach John Hynes is facing some heat for his team’s performances so far and the manner of their loss to Florida Panthers last time out did not help. The home team has won seven of the last nine NHL games between these two teams but with the form that the Devils find themselves in, it could be the visitors to earn the win in this contest and put Hynes’ position under even more scrutiny.