2019-20 NHL – New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens Preview & Pick
When is New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens taking place? Friday 28th February, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens taking place? Bell Centre, Montreal
What channel is New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Rangers 1 – 2 Montreal Canadiens
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK RANGERS
- The Rangers could easily be considered as one of the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference given their recent results as they ride a four-game winning streak after their 4-3 win over the New York Islanders that has moved them to 10th place.
- Pavel Buchnevich has been listed as questionable due to an undisclosed injury, while star goaltender Igor Sherterkin has been ruled out due to a rib problem and winger Michael Haley is also out due to undisclosed reasons.
- Artemi Panarin has been the Rangers’ best player this season and, as a result, he should be the guy to watch on the team once again. He leads New York in goals (32), assists (53) and points (85), as he has been one of the league’s most dynamic, consistent forwards in 2019-20.
- The Canadiens are coming off a 4-3 loss to the Vancouver Canucks and that result means they snapped a two-game winning run. They are 2-3 in their last five games, though, and currently sit in 12th place of the Eastern Conference standings.
- Montreal are listing defenceman Xavier Ouellet as questionable due to a concussion and he will be a game-time decision but they do not expect to risk him. Another defenceman, Victor Mete, has been ruled out with a lower body injury.
- Montreal have not been a very productive team but Tomas Tatar has looked impressive so far and, at least from an individual point of view, has been thriving. The winger currently leads the Canadiens in points (56), goals (21) and assists (35) this season.
Montreal barely have a shot at making the playoffs this season and have failed to find consistency throughout the campaign. The Rangers have also lacked a solid run of form, until now, but they seem to be on the right track on the back of a four-game winning run. All things considered, New York should be favourites to win here and have enough weapons to extend their run while inflicting what could be a devastating loss to Montreal's slim playoff chances.