2019-20 NHL – New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes Preview & Pick
When is New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes taking place? Friday 8th November, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes taking place? PNC Arena, Raleigh
What channel is New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Rangers 1 – 2 Carolina Hurricanes
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK RANGERS
- The Rangers defeated the Red Wings the last time out by a convincing 5-1 score – that allowed to leave their ugly 6-2 loss against the Ottawa Senators behind. New York have won three of their last four games, and they have a 4-0-1-4 record this season.
- The Rangers will have two absentees ahead of this contest, as defenseman Yegor Rykov (undisclosed) and center Mika Zibanejad (upper body) have been ruled out. Zibanejad will be sorely missed since he had 11 points (4G, 7A) in just nine games before suffering the injury.
- One New York player to keep an eye on is Artemi Panarin. The talented left winger leads the Rangers with seven goals this season, and he is riding a six-game point streak (three goals and five assists over that span). He seems well on his way to record another 80-point campaign just like last season.
- The Hurricanes are coming off a 4-1 defeat against the Philadelphia Flyers and are now riding a two-game losing streak as a result. They also lost their previous home contest, 5-3 against the New Jersey Devils, although they do have a solid home record this season, with two losses in eight outings (4-2-0-2).
- Center Erik Haula, who leads the Hurricanes with eight goals this season, is dealing with a knee problem and has been listed as day-to-day. Meanwhile, left winger Jordan Martinook remains unavailable with an abdomen problem and he is expected to be sidelined for at least the next two weeks.
- If Haula remains out, then the Hurricanes would have to rely on left winger Sebastian Aho. After a poor start to the season, Aho has been playing well of late and has three goals with four assists in his last six outings.
The Hurricanes have a superior record this season, notching 19 points out of 15 games (6-3-1-5) against the Rangers’ 13-point mark in 13 games (6-0-1-6). New York have won two of their last three contests but while the Hurricanes are on a two-game losing streak, they have been extremely solid at home and should take advantage of a Rangers defence that has conceded over three goals per game thus far.