2019-20 NHL – New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals Preview & Pick
When is New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals taking place? Tuesday 11th February, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals taking place? Capital One Arena, Washington
What channel is New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Islanders 4 – 6 Washington Capitals
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK ISLANDERS
- The Islanders are coming off a 3-1 away win loss at the Tampa Bay Lightning and that defeat snapped their two-game winning run. New York are 3-2 in their last five games, however, and currently sit in sixth place of the Eastern Conference standings with 68 points out of 53 games.
- Cal Clutterbuck remains sidelined until the end of February due to a wrist injury, while defenceman Adam Pelech has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with an Achilles injury. Ryan Pulock is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed problem.
- Jordan Eberle should be a player to watch here for the Islanders. He has four points in his last five games and has been one of the most productive players on the team to date. He is up to 27 points in 43 games, thanks to eight goals and 19 assists.
- Washington are in poor form right now, coming off a massive 7-2 home loss to the Philadelphia Flyers to make it just two wins in their last five outings (W2, L3) and they have fallen to second place in the Eastern Conference standings with 77 points out of 55 games.
- The Capitals are at full strength entering this game and that’s certainly a good thing for them. Considering the situation and with the club in second place behind the Boston Bruins, Washington need all the help they can get to turn things around.
- Keep an eye on star winger Alex Ovechkin here. The Russian veteran has six goals in his last five outings and he remains an incredibly consistent, dangerous player. “Ovi” already has 57 points in only 54 games this season, thanks to 40 goals and 17 assists.
It’s worth noting that the last seven games between these two have ended with an away winner, but the head-to-head record shows that the Capitals have won six of their last 10 meetings against the Islanders. Both teams have been among the top squads in the Eastern Conference this season, but the Capitals should get the edge since they’re at home and own the Conference’s best attack with 199 goals scored already. That should be enough to list them as slight favourites in this thrilling encounter as they desperately search for a bounce-back performance following their recent defeat against the Flyers.