2019-20 NHL – New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning Preview & Pick
When is New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning taking place? Sunday 9th February, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning taking place? Amalie Arena, Tampa
What channel is New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Islanders 5 – 1 Tampa Bay Lightning
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK ISLANDERS
- The Islanders are coming off a 5-3 win over Los Angeles Kings and that result pushed their winning streak to two games. They are 3-2 in their last five, however, and as a result they have fallen to fifth place in the Eastern Conference standings with 68 points out of 52 games.
- New York will be without winger Cal Clutterbeck and defenceman Adam Pelech due to injury, and the latter has already been ruled out for the remainder of the season.
- Matthew Barzal enters this game riding a three-game point streak with one goal and three assists over that span. He is up to 44 points in 52 games this season, thanks to 18 goals and 26 assists.
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
- The Lightning should be considered as one of the hottest teams in the NHL given their current run of results as their 4-2 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins the last time out pushed their winning run to five games. As a direct consequence of this, they have moved up to third place in the Eastern Conference with 73 points out of 54 games.
- Tampa Bay will have two defencemen questionable ahead of this contest, as Ryan McDonagh and Jan Rutta are both listed as day-to-day with lower body injuries. McDonagh has a bigger chance of suiting up for this game based on recent reports, though.
- Keep an eye on winger Nikita Kucherov, who got a goal and an assist during the team’s most recent win against the Penguins. He’s riding a nine-game point streak with eight goals and eight assists during that stretch, and the talented winger is up to 65 points (25 goals, 40 assists) in 53 games this season.
These two sides could easily play against each other during the postseason as both look like Stanley Cup contenders but Tampa Bay should be considered as favourites ahead of this game. Aside from the fact that they have won their last five contests, they hold home advantage and own the Conference’s second-best attacking unit with 196 goals scored. The Islanders are slightly stronger defensively, conceding 142 goals to Tampa’s 149, but it seems no team in the league can control Tampa Bay’s attack over the last few days and the Lightning should be able to win here.