When is New Jersey Devils @ San Jose Sharks taking place? Friday 28th February, 2020 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is New Jersey Devils @ San Jose Sharks taking place? SAP Center, San Jose
What channel is New Jersey Devils @ San Jose Sharks on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream New Jersey Devils @ San Jose Sharks? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for New Jersey Devils @ San Jose Sharks? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New Jersey Devils 2 – 1 San Jose Sharks
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW JERSEY DEVILS
- The Devils have not fared much better than their opponents throughout the season but enter this game having won their last three and four of their last five following a 4-1 win against the Detroit Red Wings. This hasn't boosted their playoff chances, though, since they remain in 14th place of the Eastern Conference standings.
- New Jersey should be relatively healthy ahead of this contest since their lone injury concern will be defenceman Will Butcher. He is dealing with an upper body problem and according to reports he should be missing for at least one more week.
- Kyle Palmieri will be the player to watch for the Devils until further notice, as the talented forward currently leads the team in both goals (23) and points (43), while also ranking third in assists with 23.
SAN JOSE SHARKS
- The Sharks are undoubtedly going through their worst run of form this season, as San Jose enter this game in the midst of a five-game losing streak following Tuesday's 4-2 defeat against the Philadelphia Flyers. They sit in 14th place of the Western Conference with 56 points and have virtually no shot of making a playoff run.
- San Jose center Melker Karlsson and defenceman Dalton Prout will be game-time decisions, while defenceman Erik Karlsson and forward Tomas Hertl have both been ruled out of this match.
- Perhaps surprisingly, San Jose’s most productive player this season has been defenceman Brett Burns. The 34-year-old blueliner has notched 42 points during the current campaign thanks to 12 goals and 30 helpers.
Both the Sharks and the Devils have been struggling throughout most of the year and their playoff hopes are dwindling. However, while the Sharks have dropped their last five games, New Jersey have won four of their last five and that should be enough to list the Devils as favourites here.