2019-20 NHL – Nashville Predators @ Washington Capitals Preview & Pick
When is Nashville Predators @ Washington Capitals taking place? Thursday 30th January, 2020 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Nashville Predators @ Washington Capitals taking place? Capital One Arena, Washington
What channel is Nashville Predators @ Washington Capitals on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Nashville Predators @ Washington Capitals? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Nashville Predators @ Washington Capitals? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Nashville Predators 6 – 5 Washington Capitals
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Predators are coming off a 5-2 home loss against the Toronto Maple Leafs and they have now lost three of their last four with a 2-3 mark in their last five outings. As a result, they have fallen to 12th place in the Western Conference standings with 51 points out of 48 games.
- Nashville do not have fresh injury concerns or confirmed absentees ahead of this game. They do have two questionable players, however, as defenceman Ryan Ellis and winger Colton Sissons are both day-to-day.
- Keep an eye on Viktor Arvidsson, who scored on Monday against the Maple Leafs and he has 12 goals in 36 games this season. The 26-year-old forward netted 34 goals last season, however, so the Swede could be in line for a hot streak sooner than later.
- The Capitals enter this contest as one of the hottest teams in the league having extended their winning run to four games following a 4-2 road win against the Montreal Canadiens. Washington remain at the top of the Eastern Conference standings with 73 points after 50 games.
- Washington should be at full strength entering this game without injury concerns and while star forward Alex Ovechkin has been listed as suspended, he is slated to return to action here.
- Ovechkin should undoubtedly be the player to watch for Washington, as he had been one of the league’s hottest players before the All-Star Break. “The Russian Rocket” enters this game having scored eight goals in his last three outings, and he has 50 points (34 goals, 16 helpers) in 49 games this season.
The Predators have been quite inconsistent over the last few weeks, and they have been struggling for form of late with three losses out of their last four games. Meanwhile, the Capitals are riding a four-game winning streak and they also own the league’s second-best attacking unit with 181 goals scored. If we also include the fact the Capitals will be at home, where they have won four of their last five outings, then the Eastern Conference leaders should win here rather easily.