2019-20 NHL – Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders Preview & Pick
When is Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders taking place? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders taking place? Nassau Coliseum, New York
What channel is Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Nashville Predators 5 – 2 New York Islanders
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Predators are coming off a solid 5-2 away win over the New York Rangers on Monday, with that result snapping their two-game losing run. Nashville sit in 11th place of the Western Conference with 35 points and are five points adrift of the playoff spots midway into the season.
- Nashville should be relatively healthy when it comes to injuries, as they will have only one confirmed absence for this game due to the loss of winger Viktor Arvidsson with a lower body injury. Mikael Granlund will be a game-time decision due to a similar injury.
- Filip Forsberg continues to produce at a strong pace with 22 points in 26 games, but one player to keep an eye on is Roman Josi. He leads the team with 29 points, and his 20 assists rank sixth in the league among defencemen.
NEW YORK ISLANDERS
- The Islanders, on the other hand, are scorching hot at the moment and they are coming off a 3-2 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres. That result extended their winning streak to three games, and they have gone 4-1 over their last five.
- The Islanders could be healthy for this game but that would be confirmed just a few hours before the puck drops since three players enter this matchup as questionable. These are defenceman Nick Leddy, right winger Tom Kuhnhackl and left winger Michael Dal Colle.
- Mathew Barzal is the team’s player to watch as he is New York’s most dynamic player on the final meters. He currently leads the Isles in points (27) and goals (13) while being tied for the team’s lead in assists with 14.
The Islanders should be listed as massive favourites ahead of this game at home where they have won each of their last six games and they also enter this game on a far better run of form compared to their rivals. As if that wasn’t enough, the Islanders also feature the league’s best defensive unit since they have only conceded 72 goals this season – ten less than the second-best defensive team in the league, the Dallas Stars. Their attack could show some improvement since they are the only team in the Top 10 of the East that hasn’t cracked the 100-goal plateau, but their defensive work has been solid enough to hide their problems at the other end of the ice. The Predators have been very inconsistent all season long, and the Islanders should cruise their way towards a seventh consecutive home win.