When is Montreal Canadiens @ Buffalo Sabres taking place? Thursday 10th October, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Montreal Canadiens @ Buffalo Sabres taking place? KeyBank Center, Buffalo
What television channel is Montreal Canadiens @ Buffalo Sabres on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Montreal Canadiens @ Buffalo Sabres? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Montreal Canadiens @ Buffalo Sabres? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Buffalo Sabres 4-7 Montreal Canadiens
THE TEAM NEWS
- For the second consecutive game to begin their NHL campaign, Montreal Canadiens needed a shootout to determine the winner of their game but they managed to come out on top of this one against Toronto Maple Leafs.
- After their narrow opening loss to Carolina Hurricanes, the Canadiens will have been nervous heading into the shootout but Paul Byron scored with his team’s first effort and that proved to be enough to help them to their first win of the season.
- The Canadiens could be without centre Nick Cousins after he was forced off the ice in the game against the Maple Leafs with a lower body injury and did not reappear with his availability for this game looking questionable.
- Fresh off their comfortable victory over New Jersey Devils where they scored seven goals, Buffalo Sabres were unable to make it three wins in a row at the start of the season as they went down in overtime against Columbus Blue Jackets last time out.
- The Sabres would have been confident heading into that game after back-to-back victories whilst the Blue Jackets had lost both of their opening matches but they could not take advantage of forcing overtime in the final minutes of regulation time.
- Brandon Montour is expected to miss three to four weeks with a hand injury but no timescale has been given on the return of Zach Bogosian and Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen who are both out indefinitely with hip injuries.
Montreal Canadiens will end a run of three road games with this trip to Buffalo Sabres and will be eager to head into their home opener with a 2-1 record. They face the 2-1 Sabres who wasted a good chance to go 3-0 in their game with Columbus Blue Jackets but their only game on home ice so far this season was a thumping win over New Jersey Devils and they can make home advantage count to come out on top of this game.