When is Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins taking place? Thursday 13th February, 2020 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins taking place? TD Garden
What channel is Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Montreal Canadiens 1 – 3 Boston Bruins
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Canadiens are coming off a disappointing 3-2 loss to the Arizona Coyotes and that defeat snapped their three-game winning run. Owners of a 3-2 mark in their last five games, one of the most iconic NHL franchises remains far from clinching a playoff berth. They currently sit in 11th place in the East with 61 points out of 58 contests. Montreal sit six points away from a postseason spot.
- Montreal could receive attacking reinforcements ahead of this game since both Paul Byron and Phillip Danault have been listed as questionable and could return to action here. Star defenceman Shea Weber, however, has been ruled out due to a lower body injury.
- Tomas Tatar has been linked with a trade away from Montreal in recent weeks, but the winger continues to produce at a high level. He has cracked the scoresheet in seven of Montreal’s last games, with 11 points during that stretch, and he’s up to 51 points (20 goals, 31 assists) in 57 contests this season.
- The Bruins are coming off a shocking 3-1 loss to the lowly Detroit Red Wings this past weekend, but they remain at the top of the Eastern Conference standings with 80 points out of 57 games. The defeat against Detroit ended Boston’s six-game winning run, and they are 8-2 in their last 10 games.
- Boston’s great run of form in recent weeks is even more surprising considering they have four players currently injured – goaltender Jaroslav Halak, center Joakim Nordstrom, and defencemen Kevan Miller and Connor Clifton. All four have been listed as day-to-day for this game, though.
- Veteran center Patrice Bergeron has cracked the scoresheet in three of Boston’s last four games, and he has five points during that span. He is having another great season since the 34-year-old playmaker is up to 47 points (23 goals, 24 assists) in 48 games.
Montreal have not been able to perform at their best level all season long but they are showing signs of life with three wins in their last four outings. Boston might be coming off a huge loss to the Red Wings but they have been one of the top teams in the league all year long while owning a stellar 17-2-9-2 mark at home. The Bruins also average 3.36 goals per game at TD Garden, and they should be able to get past a Montreal defensive unit that has four straight wins on the road. It will be tough, but Boston should be able to win here.