When is Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks taking place? Thursday 20th February, 2020 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks taking place? Rogers Arena, Vancouver
What channel is Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Minnesota Wild 4 – 2 Vancouver Canucks
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Wild are coming off a 2-0 defeat against the San Jose Sharks and that result further extended their negative run to two straight losses while dropping three of the last four.
- Minnesota are reportedly at full strength entering this game with no injuries to report as they remain outside of the Western Conference playoff picture in 11th place with 61 points out of 58 matches.
- Keep an eye on Eric Staal who will try to snap his eight-game scoreless drought in this game. The veteran center has been one of Minnesota’s best players this season and he has 41 points in 58 games, dishing these out as 17 goals and 24 assists.
- The Canucks also lost their previous game 5-1 to the Anaheim Ducks but while they have won just two of their last five contests, they remain alive in the race for home-field advantage in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs. As things stand right now, they are in fourth place of the standings with 69 points out of 59 games.
- Vancouver have five players listed as questionable here in Brock Boeser, Oscar Fantenberg, Micheal Ferland, Tyler Graovac and Tyler Motte. Plus, Josh Leivo will be ruled out for a few more days due to a kneecap problem.
- Loui Eriksson is also in an eight-game scoring drought, although he hasn’t grabbed a single point during that span. He has struggled this season overall, however, with five goals and five assists in 40 outings this term.
Both Minnesota and Vancouver are not going through their best runs of form at the moment, but the needle should move towards the Canucks due to a number of reasons ahead of this game. They will be at home, where they have clinched a Conference-best 41 points, and they can take advantage of Minnesota’s road woes since the Wild have clinched just 22 points of their total haul when playing away from home. Vancouver also have a stronger attack (191 goals scored to Minnesota’s 176) and a meaner defence (180 goals conceded against the Wild’s 187). Vancouver should be able to win here rather easily.