When is Florida Panthers @ Minnesota Wild taking place? Tuesday 21th January, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Florida Panthers @ Minnesota Wild taking place? Xcel Energy Center, Minnesota
What channel is Florida Panthers @ Minnesota Wild on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Florida Panthers @ Minnesota Wild? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Florida Panthers @ Minnesota Wild? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Florida Panthers 2 – 4 Minnesota Wild
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Panthers are on the verge of a playoff berth since they sit in ninth place of the Eastern Conference with 57 points, just one behind a Top 8 spot. They enter this game on the heels of a four-game winning run and registered a 4-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings the last time out.
- Winger Dominic Toninato is dealing with sickness and should be considered questionable for this game. Defencemen Chris Driedger and MacKenzie Weegar have both been ruled out, so Florida should repeat a similar lineup to the one that topped the Red Wings last week.
- Jonathan Huberdeau has cracked the scoresheet in each of Florida’s last four wins, tallying one goal and six assists over that span. He has 15 points (four goals, 11 assists) in his last 10 outings.
- The Wild are coming off one of their biggest wins of the season as they obliterated the Dallas Stars to the tune of a 7-0 win to push their winning streak to two games. That said, Minnesota have gone 2-3 in their last five contests but they still sit near the bottom of the Western Conference in 12th place with 50 points out of 48 games.
- Minnesota could be at full strength ahead of this matchup since they don’t have any confirmed absentees. Two players are questionable, though in defenceman Brad Hunt and center Miko Koivu.
- Veteran winger Zach Parise should be Minnesota’s player to watch. He leads the Wild with 18 goals this season, and he's scored four times in his last three appearances. The 35-year-old forward has 30 points (18 G, 12 A), 111 shots on goal and 11 power-play points in 48 contests.
Both Florida and Minnesota are fighting for playoff berths in their respective Conferences but the Panthers have looked far more consistent all season long and they have posted better numbers on offense – their 174 goals scored are the fourth-highest mark in the Eastern Conference – and defence compared to Minnesota (FLA: 174/156 ; MIN: 148/159). The Panthers should be able to secure the win while extending their winning run to five games in the process.