2019-20 NHL – Florida Panthers @ Chicago Blackhawks Preview & Pick
When is Florida Panthers @ Chicago Blackhawks taking place? Wednesday 22nd January, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Florida Panthers @ Chicago Blackhawks taking place? United Center, Chicago
What channel is Florida Panthers @ Chicago Blackhawks on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Florida Panthers @ Chicago Blackhawks? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Florida Panthers @ Chicago Blackhawks? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Florida Panthers 6 – 3 Chicago Blackhawks
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Panthers could easily be considered as one of the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference and they are going through a five-game winning run following their 5-4 win over the Minnesota Wild the last time out. They are up to 59 points in 48 games, and this sizzling run of form has lifted them to seventh place in the standings.
- Similar to the previous game, Chris Driedger and MacKenzie Weegar have both been ruled out and neither should return earlier than February, so Florida will likely repeat a similar lineup to the one that topped the Red Wings last week. The positive news is the return of winger Dominic Toninato, who was questionable against Minnesota.
- Jonathan Huberdeau did not score against the Wild, but he has cracked the scoresheet in four of Florida’s win during this streak – he has one goal and six assists over that span. He has 15 points (four goals, 11 assists) in his last 11 outings to settle himself as one of the team’s most productive players.
- The Blackhawks are also one of the league’s hottest teams and, just like the Panthers, they enter this matchup on the heels of a prolonged five-game winning streak. Chicago are coming off a 5-2 win over the Winnipeg Jets, and this positive run of results has lifted them to 10th place in the Western Conference standings. They are just three points adrift of a potential playoff berth.
- Chicago will have to wait to find out whether center Andrew Shaw, who is dealing with a concussion, will be available here. Dylan Strome has been ruled out until February at the earliest, while star defencemen Calvin de Haan and Brent Seabrook have both been ruled out until next season.
- Patrick Kane bagged one goal and one assist against the Jets, and he continues to have a stellar season. He is up to 62 points (24 goals, 38 assists) in only 50 games, and he has a realistic shot at finishing with at least 100 points for the second straight year.
This is a game between two of the hottest teams in the league over the last five contests, as both Florida and Chicago enter this matchup on five-game winning runs of their own. Florida have averaged 5.2 goals per game over that span but the Blackhawks have only conceded 1.8 per contest so this game has the makings of one where a top-notch offense meets a strong defensive unit. The Panthers carry a bit more momentum since they’re coming off three straight wins on the road, and their attack will eventually find a way to dismantle the Blackhawks’ defence, as that unit has been overachieving a bit of late. Florida should come out as the winning team in a tight contest.