When is Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild taking place? Thursday 23rd January, 2020 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild taking place? Xcel Energy Center, Minnesota
What channel is Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Detroit Red Wings 2 – 3 Minnesota Wild
THE TEAM NEWS
DETROIT RED WINGS
- The Red Wings are by far the worst team in the NHL this season as they remain the lone side in the league that’s yet to crack the 30-point plateau. They sit dead last in the Eastern Conference standings with 28 points out of 50 games and enter this matchup on a five-game losing streak following a 6-3 loss to the Colorado Avalanche the last time out.
- Detroit could have a decent number of absentees ahead of this contest with Mike Green and Frans Nielsen questionable and likely game-time decisions, but six other players have already been ruled out: Andreas Athanasiou, Jonathan Bernier, Anthony Martha, Johan Franzen, Danny DeKeyser and Henrik Zetterberg.
- Tyler Bertuzzi has been one of the few productive players for the Red Wings this season. He had one goal and one assist the last time out against Colorado, and now he is up to 36 points (17 goals, 19 assists) in 50 games during the current campaign.
- Minnesota enter the second half of a two-game back-to-back set having lost Monday’s contest against the Florida Panthers by a 5-4 score; that stopped their winning run at two games while setting their five-game form at W2, L3. They keep falling further away from a potential playoff berth, as they sit in 12th place of the Western Conference standings with 50 points out of 49 games.
- Just as in the team’s previous game, the injury report remains unchanged. There are no confirmed absentees but once again, the same two players are questionable – these are defenceman Brad Hunt and center Miko Koivu.
- Veteran winger Zach Parise extended his hot streak and netted against Florida, meaning he now has five goals in his last four outings. He remains the franchise’s top scorer with 19 goals, and the 35-year-old winger is now up to 31 points in 49 contests overall.
The Red Wings can’t get a win to save their lives at the moment, and that shouldn’t change here considering they will be playing on the road where they have posted four wins and 20 losses in 24 contests. The Wild are not going through their best run of form, either, but at the very least they seem to be more capable of getting a proper result and they will also have the support of the fanbase. Minnesota should be able to win here in this duel of struggling teams.