When is Detroit Red Wings @ Dallas Stars taking place? Saturday 4th January, 2020 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Detroit Red Wings @ Dallas Stars taking place? American Airlines Center, Dallas
What channel is Detroit Red Wings @ Dallas Stars on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Detroit Red Wings @ Dallas Stars? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Detroit Red Wings @ Dallas Stars? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Detroit Red Wings 4 – 3 Dallas Stars
THE TEAM NEWS
DETROIT RED WINGS
- Detroit have been the weakest team in the league by a wide margin and they sit at the bottom of the Eastern Conference with 23 points out of 41 games. They are coming off a 2-0 win over the San Jose Sharks but that has been their lone win in their last seven regular season games (W1, L6).
- The Red Wings could be quite depleted ahead of this contest since they have six confirmed absentees for this matchup: defencemen Jonathan Ericsson and Danny DeKeyser, forwards Henrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzen, Anthony Mantha and Andreas Athanasiou. Meanwhile, defenceman Mike Green is day-to-day due to personal reasons and should be listed as questionable.
- Tyler Bertuzzi has five goals in his last eight games, and he has been one of Detroit’s most productive players over the last few weeks. The 24-year-old winger has 31 points (15 goals, 16 assists) in 41 games this season, and he’s on pace to shatter his career-high mark of 47 points established during the 2018-19 campaign.
- Dallas are coming off a great comeback win over the Nashville Predators, securing a 4-2 win in the Winter Classic this Wednesday. That result extended Dallas’ winning run to three games and, as a result, they have moved to third place in the Western Conference with 50 points.
- The Stars could be close to full strength ahead of this contest, as they have only one confirmed absentee and one doubtful player. Defenceman Stephen Johns is day-to-day with a head injury and will be a game-time decision, while center Martin Hanzal has been ruled out for the remainder of the regular season.
- Tyler Seguin went pointless in the last match, but he has been held off the scoresheet only twice in the last nine games, tallying five goals and four assists during that stretch. The talented forward now has 32 points, 146 shots and 56 hits in 40 games this year.
The Red Wings have been the weakest team in the league this season and they are the only team that has not yet reached the 100-goal plateau, whilst also posting the worst defence – 157 goals conceded, 3.82 per game – in the entire league. Meanwhile, the Stars are on the rise and enter this matchup looking to extend their current three-game winning run and, to make things even better, they own the best defence in the Western Conference after allowing only 103 goals, second-best mark in the entire NHL. Dallas should cruise their way towards a comfortable win here.