When is Dallas Stars @ Los Angeles Kings taking place? Thursday 9th January, 2020 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Dallas Stars @ Los Angeles Kings taking place? Staples Center, Los Angeles
What channel is Dallas Stars @ Los Angeles Kings on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Dallas Stars @ Los Angeles Kings? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Dallas Stars @ Los Angeles Kings? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Dallas Stars 4 – 3 Los Angeles Kings
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Stars are coming off a comfortable 4-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings and that result extended their winning run to four games. Dallas currently sit in fourth place of the Western Conference standings with 52 points out of 42 games, but no franchise in the Top 6 of the Western standings has played fewer games than them.
- Martin Hanzal and John Klingberg should be considered as day-to-day for this matchup, and both will be game-time decisions for the coaching staff. Meanwhile, Stephen Johns remains injured while Corey Perry remains suspended and will only be eligible to return on January 16th.
- Tyler Seguin should be Dallas’ player to watch here. He hasn’t had multi-point games in each of his last five outings, but he still has 32 points in 42 games for the Stars this season thanks to 11 goals and 21 assists. He’s primed for a bounce-back effort sooner than later.
LOS ANGELES KINGS
- Los Angeles enter this game following a 4-2 home loss against the Columbus Blue Jackets the last time out, and that defeat extended their losing streak to two games. Losers of three over their last four contests, the Kings sit dead last in the Western Conference standings with 38 points out of 44 games.
- Two players have been listed as game-time decisions for the Kings in defencemen Kurtis MacDermid and Joakim Ryan. MacDermid is dealing with a suspension, while Ryan is rehabbing from an undisclosed injury.
- Veteran center Anze Kopitar continues to be the one bright spot for an otherwise lacklustre Kings forward unit. He has points in four of his last six contests, and registers 38 points (15 goals, 23 assists) out of 44 games this season. He is in line to surpass his 60-point campaign last season.
The Stars are far and away the best team ahead of this matchup – not only due to their overall numbers and position in the standings, but also because they enter this game on a better run of form thanks to their current four-game winning streak. Plus, Dallas also enter this contest featuring the best defensive unit in the Conference – only 104 goals allowed – while the Kings currently own the second-worst attack and the fifth-worst defence on the Western Conference. All things considered, Dallas shouldn’t have major issues in securing the win here.