2019-20 NHL – Columbus Blue Jackets @ Washington Capitals Preview & Pick
When is Columbus Blue Jackets @ Washington Capitals taking place? Saturday 28th December, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Columbus Blue Jackets @ Washington Capitals taking place? Capital One Arena, Washington
What channel is Columbus Blue Jackets @ Washington Capitals on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Columbus Blue Jackets @ Washington Capitals? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Columbus Blue Jackets @ Washington Capitals? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Columbus Blue Jackets 3 – 0 Washington Capitals
THE TEAM NEWS
COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
- The Blue Jackets are coming off a 3-2 win over the New York Islanders and that result has extended their winning streak to five contests. That solid winning run has pushed Columbus to 12th place in the Eastern Conference with 40 points.
- The Blue Jackets have plenty of injury concerns ahead of this matchup, and several players are questionable such as forwards Cam Atkinson, Brandon Dubinsky and Sonny Milano, as well as defencemen Ryan Murray and Markus Nutivaara. As if that wasn’t enough, four other players have been deemed as questionable. These are defenceman Andrew Peeke and forwards Oliver Bjorkstrand, Josh Anderson, and Emil Bemstrom.
- Two players to keep an eye on for Columbus are Pierre-Luc Dubois and Gustav Nyquist, as both lead the team with 26 points. While Dubois has 12 goals and 14 assists, Nyquist has set up 17 goals while scoring nine times.
- The Capitals are coming off a disappointing 7-3 loss against the Boston Bruins and they have dropped two of their last five games. However, they still sit at the top of the Eastern Conference standings with 57 points. They have a four-point lead over the second-placed Bruins after 38 games.
- Oddly, the Capitals are at full strength entering this game so they shouldn’t have any injury concerns ahead of this pivotal contest.
- Star winger Alex Ovechkin has 23 goals and he’s one of the top scoring threats in the league, but another player to watch is defenceman John Carlson. He currently leads the team with 48 points thanks to 13 goals and 35 assists.
The Blue Jackets enter this game as one of the top teams in the league thanks to their ongoing five-game winning run, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have areas to improve since they own the Conference’s third-worst attacking unit with only 98 goals scored. The Capitals might be coming off a loss, but they still sit comfortably at the top of the standings, own one of the best attacks in the entire NHL (137 goals scored) and also play at home, where they have won 10 of 17 games so far. Expect the Capitals to cruise their way towards an easy win here.